Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its a start? or maybe not.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

ok so last night my LO went to sleep w/o having to be nursed. My husband held him while he thrashed and screamed and everything. I just stayed out of sight until he was a sleep. it took about 45 min. he will be a yr old on wednesday and its way over time for him so go to sleep w/o the milky side.  he still ended up sleeping with me and nursing once in the night. he acts like is bed is a torcher box. you can't even put him in for a second. I'm thinking about bringing it into the living room so he can get use to it and letting him be in in for a few min a day till then. any ideas?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
goddess_alyson
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Quoting mclaughlinnat31:

ok so last night my LO went to sleep w/o having to be nursed. My husband held him while he thrashed and screamed and everything. I just stayed out of sight until he was a sleep. it took about 45 min. he will be a yr old on wednesday and its way over time for him so go to sleep w/o the milky side.  he still ended up sleeping with me and nursing once in the night. he acts like is bed is a torcher box. you can't even put him in for a second. I'm thinking about bringing it into the living room so he can get use to it and letting him be in in for a few min a day till then. any ideas?

Where does he nap?  Is he co-sleeping with you for naps in your bed?  I'd start with naps in his bed in his room.  I wouldn't move his bed into another room. 

Do you have a nap time routine?  That'd help too.

mclaughlinnat31
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 4:48 PM

he does sortof have a nap schedule... but since the other day he won't go back into the bed. he still sleeps w/ me for naps. I tried again to let him cry it out after 2 hrs of his screaming i gave up he seems very head strong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)