Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nightmares?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 425 Total Views

how early does nightmares start?

my 7 1/2 month old (8 months on jan. 7th) wakes up like once every two weeks just screaming. Its not teething because when we pick him up (after waiting 5-10minutes to see if he settles down) he goes back to sleep.

my question is, can nightmares start that early?

I dont see how because all he has really watched on tv is spongebob singing and baby einstein.

what do you suggest?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fireflymcl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Bump for you because I have been wondering the same thing.

My son is 9m old and right around 7m he randomly stopped sleeping through the night. He would wake up screaming his brains out.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
goddess_alyson
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:48 AM

They can totally have nightmares even as young as your LO.  Newborns dream from the day they are born and they can most definately have nightmares too.  I think you're doing the right thing by comforting.  SInce it's only happening occastionally I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If it was a consistent, every night type thing then I would be concerned and have him checked for something medically before starting any kind of sleep training.  Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing Momma and good Luck!

my4boys4me
by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I was online trying to research the subject of nightmares and baby einstein (don't laugh) when I saw your post.  Let me tell you why.  I have 4 1/2 year old twin boys.  From the time they were around 6 months old, I let them watch Baby Einstein videos.  They loved them, and seemed to calm them down and they would really focus on them.  Beautiful classical music, etc.  What harm could possibly come from it?  Jumping forward to 4 years old.  One of my twins has terrible nightmares.  He averages 2 a week.  The weird thing is, they are frequently about BABY EINSTEIN characters......  The zebra is coming to get him, the cat has no head and there is blood everywhere, etc.  It really makes me wonder the impact of letting our babies watch things that seem so harmless so early in their lives.  We haven't watched or had these videos in our home for more than a year now.  So WHY does he have such terrible dreams about them?  Now, he does have bad dreams about other things, but Baby Einstein creeps in frequently.  Anyway, just food for thought on letting our babies watch things so young.  I wish I had not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)