Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nightmares?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

My son is 13 months old and this is the second time this has happened. He will wake up from sleeping screaming and won't stop for about an hour to an hour and a half. Nothing will calm him down; he doesn't want to eat or play, just cry. There's no pattern to this happening. The first time he woke up at night, today he woke up from his afternoon nap. The only way I get him back to sleep is eventually he'll lay down in my bed and wimper himself to sleep. He gets about 11 hrs of sleep a night with two naps in the day. What is going on?? Help!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jessmered
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I have read about nightmares/ night terrors before but I thought they happened more during the 2-4 year range. I don't know...... I think I read about them on this website

http://www.drgreene.com/

he is a pediatrician and into organics, etc. but I like alot of his articles. good luck!

Des10ed2b
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM

it sounds like night terrors. he is a little young for them, but it is not unheard of.

Riely08
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM

sounds like night terrors to me also. our DS who will be 2 on April 9th, has been going through this for at least the last 9 to 10 months. One suggestion I can give you that have truly helped us (although not stopped completely but happening less frequently) is read ALL labels on medicines. We were giving Jordan tylenol and motrin whil teething if running  a fever or such as that I had also bought him some Flinstone Vitamin and he was getting one of those a night. After doing some research on night terrors I found out that sometimes it is linked to the Red Dye in medicines. So we went and threw away the tylenol and vitamins, and bought dye free tylenol and motrin and also found some Cars Gummies Vitamins that dont have red dye in them. We also now read labels on foods and drinks we give DS and try to be more aware and it has really helped. Just a few suggestions, hope they help. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)