Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Checking on baby during naps

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:53 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

Am I crazy for wanting to check on her? When she sleeps longer than usual for a nap I find myself getting worried! For instance...she usually sleeps 3 45min- 1 hr naps per day and right now she has been asleep for an hour and a half and I am having to make myself stay put here and not go check on her. I have a monitor on and could hear if she moves or even breathes loudly...I always worry that she isnt breathing  or something stupid like that. Am I the only one that worries like this? Every time I go in her room to check she ends up waking up mad! I need to just sit here! lol

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mel21071
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I have a video monitor otherwise I imagine I might be the same way!

SweeThang931
by on May. 13, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I'm the same way when my son sleeps much past the two hour mark.   I just have to make myself stay put and do something otherwise I do the same thing as you....imagine the worst possible scenario.

Lisa009
by on May. 15, 2010 at 2:23 AM

<she usually sleeps 3 45min- 1 hr naps per day

Wow, I would be happy if my little guy would nap that much. If he does, I never worry about his naps now that he is older. But he hardly ever takes them.

DnPeanut
by on May. 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM

My son is 21 mo and if he sleeps longer than normally I check on him constantly.  You should do what you feel comfortable with.  I would rather check on him 100 times than to have something go wrong.  Loss of a child isn't something that is reversible.  As your child gets older you'll realize that her napping habits will change and you'll adjust to the new schedule and not feel so crazy.

DylansMom213
by on May. 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Lol no I used to do that with my son ALL THE TIME! Now I just check on him very occasionally. I think it's normal.

DnPeanut
by on May. 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Quoting Mel21071:

I have a video monitor otherwise I imagine I might be the same way!

I also use a video monitor.  It has saved me many a trip up the stairs.  If you can afford a video monitor they are a great idea.  It's nice to be able to see where his face is with out having to run up stairs all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)