Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 300 Total Views

I am extremely frustrated!  My 8 month old daughter will not sleep through the night!  I understand that all children are different but all she does is scream.  She screams to communicate everything and doesn't cry.  I let her go and she goes and goes and goes....the longest I have let her is 45 mins.  We have a strict schedule during the day and eats and takes naps very well.  She eats more than enough to get her through the night.  We have a bedtime routine and she will even go down nicely (she doesn't like to sleep anywhere but her crib).  She goes to bed at 7:30 each night and is up again by 8:30-9, 10:30-11, sometimes at 2-2:30, and then at 4:30-5 and is up for the day by 7:30.  I am ready to scream!  Any suggestions?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ChemikilCupcake
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Does she roll around and wake herself up?  My little one would wake up crying and he would have a limb sticking out of the crib. We bought bumpers (the things that go around the edge) and he is sleeping much better.  I understand your pain, but if that's what's happening, it's worth a shot.

ashleybgarcia
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Earlier bedtime? What is her schedule like. Give us a run down, then maybe we can dissect it better.

ashleybgarcia
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Totally agree with this! We did this with our son, and he stopped waking up!

Quoting ChemikilCupcake:

Does she roll around and wake herself up?  My little one would wake up crying and he would have a limb sticking out of the crib. We bought bumpers (the things that go around the edge) and he is sleeping much better.  I understand your pain, but if that's what's happening, it's worth a shot.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Ashley, 24, wife to Tony, mother to 4 furbabies,Jesus follower, mother to my first baby boy, Alexander, BFing momma, cloth diapering, circumcising,pro- life ,vaccinating, and learning as I go.
jmccune1982
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:57 PM

How much do you feed her before bedtime?  You may want to cut back a little on the bedtime bottle.  She may be getting too much and her stomach is too full for her to relax and go to sleep.  My little one still wakes up in the middle of the night too.  So I feel your pain.  Have you tried just letting her cry it out when she wakes in the middle of the night?  I know it will be hard and interfere with your sleep but only for a little while before she realizes that night time means sleep and mommy isnt going to come into my room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)