Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Desperate!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:34 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

I've been reading some of the success stories and in all honestly, I just want to cry. I feel like we will never be a success story when it comes to sleeping. I am DESPERATE!!! SO DESPERATE for Roman to sleep. He is almost 9 months and I feel like I have a newborn. We tried sleep training and I just can't do it anymore. I am exhausted. It's been 10 night and he still cries and the past few nights he has been awake every 2 hours again. 

What do I do with he wakes up so frequently? Just let him cry? And because he wakes up so much, his body is "awake" and he poops. So I change him and now he's really awake and crying for me. 

I also feel so bad for him because his crying makes his nose runny, and then he ends up stuffed up. He also insists on sitting up and crying when he's fighting it and eventually falls asleep hunched over in the most awkward, uncomforable looking position. 

I don't think the Ferber method is for him. He did have several nights where he slept for 6-7 hours straight though. I don't know. 

I'm a full time student and I am up to my neck in school work. I am so exhausted from such horrible sleep that I can hardly focus. 

SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
muzicbox9
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I can't offer you much except to say that since starting to have children nearly five years ago - I haven't slept in five years. So, you're not alone. Lol (crazed, glassy eyed laughter)

I have also prayed for you guys.

I finally got my four year old sleeping. My two year old still wakes us up every night. With my nine month old I had had it.  I just let him cry for a few nights without intervening and now he sleeps all the way through for the most part.  If I were to do it all again ... I would have done this with all three.

It gets to a point where you have to weigh the options: what's worse? A poopie diaper? Or a short tempered mother at the end of her rope because she has not been allowed to sleep for weeks and months at a time? We're only human.

sews4fun
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I have the same problem with my 10 month old.  I have tried putting him in his crib sleepy but awake and he just sits there and screams.  I have also put him down asleep and he wakes right up within a few minutes.  How long do you let your child cry?  After an hour, I just can't stand it anymore.  I don't know what else to do either.  He has slept in his swing all of his life but is getting too big for it now.  I have resulted to putting him in the bed with me which I swore I would never do.  It's like if he isn't close to me he doesn't sleep.  Maybe because he is breastfed.  I don't know.  Just wanted to let you know you are not alone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)