Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 297 Total Views

My son is 18 months and i cant seem to get him out of my bed at night, It all started when i started laying down with him in my bed until be fell asleep (i know bad habbit) then moving him to either a pack and play in my rom r his crib in his room. The past few weeks once he falls asleep i try to put him in either of his beds and he instantly wakes up and cries "mama". I feel horrible letting him cry himself to sleep but i dont know what else to do. Also i am 29 weeks pregnant and cant have him in my bed once his lil brther arrives. Please help

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
caseykate87
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

try falling asleep with him in his room, after a week, stop doing it, My son went through it where he needed me or his dad to lay with him til he fell asleep. eventually, [because of me] he stopped needing us. a little bit of tv, or music, or a night light. maybe a book reading. it sounds corny, but right now our son is 3 and starting to need us to do that again. its frustrating... but, kids are a handful and we have to deal with it.

JGleason
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM
There are a couple of ways to do it..you can move him into a crib in your room first or you can spend a couple of night getting him adjusted to his new space together in his room...It is difficult after 12 mos but of course doable.
If you need some additional support feel free to check out www.babysleepconsulting.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN