Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my oldest is terifed at night an well not sleep i dont know what to do

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 359 Total Views

so  my baby is 3 an she is varry out going  an playful but  about a week ago my varry smart hubby watched  a scary move with her about t rex an othere dinosores so now she is up al night crying telling me there are animals in her room she has two night lights an i show her  theres nothing there  she  just dosent seem to understand i tell her it was fake  that there r no such things but she is still varry scared  i havent hade a good night sleep in a while. not only that but if i dont hear her get up she getts in to thongs  like the tooth past an the food in the kitchen how do i stop her from doing this hoe can i get het to sleep at night

by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
leahjoy
by Group Admin on May. 11, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Wow - that is a tough one.  Well, first, I would give your hubby a smack up side the head - ha ha!   I'm sure you've already done that.  I heard a suggestion from a book I read that may work for the scary animals in her room.   What they did was to get a spray bottle of water and tell their child that it was magic stuff that would scare away the monsters, and then they would spray it under the bed, in the closet, wherever the child thought the monsters were.  Although you don't want to feed into her fears by acting as if you are scared also, validating her fears by agreeing to help her "get the monsters" can go a long way to making her feel better. 

As far as her getting up in the AM and getting into trouble....can you get on of those child door handle covers that just spins when a kid tries to open the door - hard to describe, but they have them at Babies R Us.  If that doesn't work, you could also try putting some kind of lock on the outside of the door, but make sure that you don't just leave her locked in there all morning once she is up.  Do you still have a monitor in her room?  If not, it might help to get one so you hear her get up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)