Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW OFTEN SHOULD MY 6MN OLD BE SLEEPING??

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:13 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 266 Total Views
I'm talking like nap wise.... should he be down for 2 naps a day and then sleeping all night??? or what??? I ask cuz lately it has been a ***** getting him t sleep during the day and at night he's been waking up an awful lot and i think it has to do with his 2 bottom teeth coming in right now.... he usually has liek 3 naps a day 2 of them ranging in length from 1.45 to 2.5 hours...but the last one has been kinda late in the afternoon....like strating at 330 or 4 going til 6 someitmes....but thats when his bedtime is usually between 6 and 7.......he sometimes wakes up at 6 am and I guess in the morning is his short lived nap so i've been trying to keep him a wakw til about 9 b4 i put him back down....usually he'd be sleeping again by 745 but would wake within an hour....

please help me with this.....
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lvntam76
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:10 PM

My son is the same way!!!!  Dang I am so tired all of the time. I work full time and my man  is at home with the baby so I don't know how many naps he has when I am at work. He goes to bed as late as 10:00 to 11:00 at night then wakes up crying every hour to two hours thereafter. When I am home, I try to limit the amount of naps or the length so he will be ready to sleep at night. So far not that great of a result.  I've also tried to give him cereal before bed with 6-7 ounces of breastmilk. He still wakes up over and over. Last night we tried lavender bath. Well still no positive results.  If I find anything that actually works for me, I will definitely share.

tiniowien
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 12:22 AM

his naps are his prob than hon, the later they sleep the less they want to at night, mine had 2 naps than yes, at 11am and 3pm both from 20 mins to 45 mins, i was lucky lol she cat naps on her own. most experienced moms say never let a baby start a nap past 4pm because they stay up late than. with mine since she napped so late in the afternoon i pushed her main bedtime to 9 than, now its 10, if you must keep him awake until than, when you put him down crash. at first he wont be down long, once he gets the point in that lil baby head this is sleep time he will sleep. i was lucky at 3 months mine was sleeping from 10pm to 6am, now its 8am, i kept a routine for her since birth, and keep his naps to an hour at most a shot, thats also part hes napping to long in one go. if you shorten his naps up and push his bedtime back he might sleep longer when you want him too to compensate. when isay sleeping thru the night she just didnt wake me. she wakes i know this now on my nights i cant sleep, she just plays with her hippo thats in her crib and falls back asleep on her own.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)