Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Use to be such a good sleeper

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

Okay so here is a little back history of my daughter. As a newborn she got up every 2 hours, okay perfectly normal. at a year she was still getting up 2-3 times a night for feedings until my mom asked if she was really hungry or just thirsty I tried just giving her water and she was happy. She quickly started sleeping through the night. Also she's been in a toddler bed since she was 13 months old because she climbed out of her crib and she did fine with that transition.

She's very easy to put down. She has to give everyone kisses and I just have to give her one last kiss say nigh-night I love you. I walk out and she goes right to sleep, or if she doesn't then she pushes her glow worm until she does.

Well the problem is shes getting up around 1 and just fusses. and then again around 3 at that point she will NOT go back to sleep and sadly I've gotten so tired I just end up taking her to bed with me which I don't want to get into that habit I just got her OUT of my bed.

What can I do, why is she suddenly waking up all the time now? I pretty sure it isn't teething she's never done this for teething.

Nycole

I'm a single mom who formula fed, co-slept till 11 months, and I practice EXTENDED REAR-FACING. Guess what my daughter is a happy, smart, active, healthy toddler. So who cares!!!??? You do whats best for your baby, your family, and you. As long as the children are happy and healthy, what does it matter? MY CHILD, MY CHOICE

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
hazelkat
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

My daugher quickly starting sleeping all night right after her 1st birthday but after 3 or 4 months she got into this horrible routine where she was waking at the same times each night and not going back to sleep.  We tried every method in the book for a few days but basically went 7 weeks with no sleep.  Then all of a sudden she just started sleeping again, not sure what we did.  Now just a few months shy of 2 we have hit another rough patch.  It seems she will sleep a few nights all the way through and then we'll have 2 to 3 nights of terror.  It seems like the 1st night she wakes up crying and if I go in there she calms down, lays back down, but just lays there and I mean for hours, up to 4!  Then night 2 it's just constant waking and taking about 20 to 30 minutes to go back down, but again, up in a couple hours, and then up for good way too early in the morning.  Night 3 I haven't found a pattern yet, could be sleep or could be bad.  Tonight is a night 3 so we will see what we get but I'm just baffled and not sure what to do with her.  She's always been very dependent during the time she goes to sleep.  Even after many attempts at sleep training she won't go to sleep without someone in the room.  But luckily she's a mover so she is tired at night and goes to sleep in about 5 minutes without a fuss.  I do know when she's over tired she tends to wake up in the middle of the night so we try putting her down a little earlier if she's had a bad night before or 2 nights like we are now.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)