Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

soft things

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 145 Total Views

my baby will sleep good as long as she is bein held. but when u lay her down it has to be on someting soft and most of the time on her belly this makes me very uncomfortable to go to sleep with her like that any ideas

Kailynn's mommy

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Xandriasmommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

how old is she? can she roll by herself? If she can roll by herself don't worry about her being on her tummy. I wouldn't put anything soft and/or fluffy in with her 

kailynn722
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM

she is a month old  

Xandriasmommy
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:51 AM

My daughter was a tummy sleeper, until she rolled I didn't sleep at night because she was a) on her back so not sleeping, or b) on her tummy and I was next to her watching her. My mother told me not to worry, she will be fine.

I don't know what to say to help except that my dd's dr said during the day when you are near her let her sleep how she likes too. at night she needs to sleep on her back. However by the time she was 6 weeks she was on her tummy full time, but by then she could push herself up onto her hands....good luck!

Xandriasmommy
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Actually as soon as I hit post I thought of something. When you are holding her to sleep, is her body facing yours? Try holding her while she is falling asleep so her tummy is facing up, get her use to that feeling. once she is use to that feeling start laying her down in her crib, bassinet, etc. I don't know if this will work but its an idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)