Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Munford!!

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2008 at 11:23 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 180 Total Views
Hey!! I'm a 21 year old wife and mother of a 9 Month old little boy. We just moved to Tipton county less than a month ago. Dont have internet at home yet, so wont be online much. Im a stay at home mom, just wondering what there is to do in the little city of munford!!!
by on Jun. 8, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
dreambig123
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Not a lot.  There is a movie theater in Atoka at crosstown (the red-light).  Covington has a really nice park with a cute playground and its like 20 -25 minutes north on the highway.  The library in Covington is nice too, and in the summer they usually have a weekly 'story time' where you can take your kids and someone reads a book.  It is a great way to meet other kids and moms.  Just call them for info on when they do it.  It usually starts after school lets out  for summer.  The coviington sportsplex has lots of work out options and they handle swimming lessons for kids but the lessons are done down the street at the city pool.  I know Atoka has a relatively new girls softball field and Munford has a nice boys baseball field.  Kids' soccer is available in Brighton and Covington, not sure about Munford but they should have it too.  Edmund Orgil Park is just over the county ine in north Shelby County but a little tough to find if you aren't familiar with the area.  Message me if you want and I can try to give you directions.  This park is great for golf, picnics and fishing, no real playground there even though the signs say so.  The best play ground is the one in the covington park and McDonalds in Munford has a nice indoor playplace.  Millington (just down the highway to the south) has lots of shopping and dining options as well as lots of Dr offices.  Munford schools are really the best in the county.  Atoka has a brand new school, but I don't know anything about it and there is always Rosemark Academy if you like private school.  Welcome to the area.  Hope you enjoy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)