Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What nobody told me about BF babies

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 3:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 119 Total Views
Here is where we can share our experiences as First Time BF Mommies. Thanks go to Camomommy1001 for this wonderful idea. Share your stories of the trials, bloopers and just plain wonderful loving moments that come w/ the experience of BF your LO's.
It can be something someone told you and you thought maybe they were exaggerating or something you figured out on your own. Come on ladies, I'm sure everyone has something they can add here.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
trjsmommy
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Feeding my baby with my own body is so amazing.  I am proud to say that I have been the sole food source for my DD for 4 months and three weeks.  We are now experimenting with some solids because she is oh so ready and grabbing at everything I eat. 
But the thing that I never thought I would feel when BF my baby is purity.  The act is so pure, the love is so pure, the food is so pure and of course the baby is so pure.  There is nothing so unaltered.  It is truly the best feeling in the world to be able to BF.

TRJ'smommy

Breast feeding is timeless...

Sica_Belle
by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 4:11 PM
Here are a couple of things I learned:

1) I remember my best friend warning me about the sound made when when BF babies have a bowel movement. Needless to say I was still a bit startled when I expeinced it for myself.

2) When a BF babies poo explodes out the diaper, it's time to graduate to a larger size. I was in the Dr.'s office for my 6 week post birth apt. the first time this happened to me. Inara was making a movement while I was feeding her and I noticed my arm and belly were a bit wet. LOL. I sat her in my lap and got it on my pants as well before I realized what had happened. A real eye opener. That when I started making sure I had plenty of extra outfits and wipes for "Just in case"

3) What does BF baby diarhea look like? I remember asking this question on several boards where I used to visit @ Babycenter. I was never able to find any kind of answer, because
it is apparently a pretty rare thing.
Well, here it is. A couple weeks ago not long before Lil' Bit got her second tooth, she had a bout of diarhea.
It was like a gel ( I know this is kinda gross, but you know how sometimes you have mucus that is congealed enough to have solid form, but is still in a soft geletinous state and may occasionally have an air bubble or so in it). Like that instead of the curds and light colored. And poor DD have a movement every other wet diaper and was quite prone to Diaper rash, even though I changed her as soon as she became wet. (still working on clearing that up completely)

Wow that last one was long, but I wanted to make sure I had details, being as info is hard to find on that subject.

Sica_Belle
by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 4:15 PM
That is so true, I don't think anybody could have made me understand how wonderful it feels to relax w/ your baby and enjoy each other. Such a wonderful feeling of peace.
Quoting trjsmommy:

Feeding my baby with my own body is so amazing. I am proud to say that I have been the sole food source for my DD for 4 months and three weeks. We are now experimenting with some solids because she is oh so ready and grabbing at everything I eat.
But the thing that I never thought I would feel when BF my baby is purity. The act is so pure, the love is so pure, the food is so pure and of course the baby is so pure. There is nothing so unaltered. It is truly the best feeling in the world to be able to BF.

Camomommy1001
by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 1:29 AM
One thing is they tell you to nurses every 2 hours. Well, here's one thing they forgot to tell me. When at night, if your baby is sleeping, don't wake him up to eat! It's o.k. to let them sleep. They'll wake you up when their hungry. I also learned that it takes a great amount of practice to breastfeed in public. So, I just staying at home for the first few weeks! I also learned that pumping is a lot harder than I though, and leaking isn't very fun, your sheets will always be wet for a period of time after starting to nurses. Also, I've learned that it's amazing how many colors your nipple can turn while pumping at work. Milk doesn't just come out in a straight line, it comes out from everywhere.

I love nursing my son. Sometimes I feel a bit selfish because I miss sitting and chatting when I have to go nurses when out with friends, but there's those times when I lay down with Hudson to nurses and he takes his little hands and puts them on the side of my breast and smiles with his mouth open. It's like it's his way of thanking me and saying this is his fav thing. There are truly moments when you look at them and think only I can do this with my child. It's so amazing to see how you can support a human beging on something that your are providing for them. I was so proud to have been nursing for 6 months. I look at every month as a new goal that's been met and a new accomplishment.

Jamie mom of

Sica_Belle
by on Jul. 30, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)