Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome New Members:)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 2:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 94 Total Views
Welcome Please share your thoughts.
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
msmagpie83
by on Apr. 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM
I've reached the first goal I set for breastfeeding.... 4 weeks today!  Woo hoo!  I still find myself looking at the little jars of formula they sent me home from the hospital and think.... well... So I've been looking up stuff online about breastfeeding to re-encourage myself.  She hasn't had formula since her second day (she needed supplimenting in the NICU).  How do you keep going?  Are there times you just want to switch to formula?  My husband at times can be really supportive and other times be a real jerk.  Ella was crying last night because she was *duh* hungry.  And he couldn't get her to stop crying.  He gave her to me and I got ready to nurse her and she calmed down (i think she knows what's coming :)  And he tells me that breastfeeding has made her too clingy.  And I asked him, "If you were hungry, wouldn't you want to go to the food source too?"  I don't think that makes her clingy, just hungry!  Maybe he's just jealous...
mamapowell
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2008 at 1:15 PM
My son is almost 11 months old now still prefers mama over dada. Dada is jealous but still supportive. I do wish I had my body to myself sometimes but soon the feeling goes away each time I feed my soon
Galikian
by on Jul. 27, 2008 at 2:10 AM

Hello. I'm not breast feeding yet, but that's because my baby won't be here until October. This will be my third child (I'll have three little girls, heh) and I never even tried breast feeding with my other 2. With my first I was only 18 and was influenced by my mom telling me she didn't breast feed and I was also hesitant about such an intimate thing. With my second child I didn't breast feed because by then I had several psychological problems caused by my husband and I couldn't even think of letting my baby (or my husband) touch my breasts. Now that my husband and I are separated and he's only been a small thorn in my side for 6 months I believe I can handle breast feeding and I want to try. Also, both my other children became sick and were hospitalized before they were a month old and I want to give this one a healthier start in life

clover_4118
by Member on Jul. 27, 2008 at 11:05 PM

I have been breastfeeding for 6 months now. it has been hard but i am gald i am because of the benifits to the baby.  i never thought i would make it this far ( the cost of formula has been an incentive).  My new goal is 1 year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)