Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hii ! :]

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 11:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 116 Total Views

hello everyone im Kiumy :D i have a almost 2 y/o and im almost 26wks pregnant, i had tried to breastfeed my son when he was born but the nurses kept giving him formula, i try with the breast pump and no sucess ,he never want it.. so now im like a milking cow and i want to know if i can still try to make him taking it ..any suggestions will be great! he was born a 31wks preemie baby :]

by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamapowell
by Group Owner on Jul. 24, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Just keep trying. maybe even pump and put it in the bottle.

then start with the bottle then try and latch him on before he is finished eating

Yes I'm still breastfeeding

Proud Mommy And Wife

kiUmY
by on Jul. 24, 2008 at 3:55 PM

im gonna try, thank u :)

Sica_Belle
by on Jul. 28, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Make sure the nurses know, that under absolutely no circumstances whatsoever, is your baby to be given formula. That way they have no excuses, like I didn't know, if one of them does, threaten to sue. ( I am by no means a person to condone being sue happy, but sometimes it seems that is the only language people understand) But, I don't think you should have a prob if you make yourself very clear.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

kiUmY
by on Aug. 1, 2008 at 12:36 AM

im planning to punch the nurse in the face for this time if they try to give my new baby formula lol without saying nothing,because i sign a paper saying that i want to breastfeed the baby :] lol

Quoting Sica_Belle:

Make sure the nurses know, that under absolutely no circumstances whatsoever, is your baby to be given formula. That way they have no excuses, like I didn't know, if one of them does, threaten to sue. ( I am by no means a person to condone being sue happy, but sometimes it seems that is the only language people understand) But, I don't think you should have a prob if you make yourself very clear.

Sica_Belle
by on Aug. 1, 2008 at 6:49 PM

You might also make up a sign to put in her bassinet that says 'Breast Milk Only'.  That way, no one can say, 'I didn't know'

kiUmY
by on Aug. 1, 2008 at 7:04 PM

never though of that lol thanks thanks :) im really gonna do that!

Quoting Sica_Belle:

You might also make up a sign to put in her bassinet that says 'Breast Milk Only'.  That way, no one can say, 'I didn't know'

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)