Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weaning and feeling guilty

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 90 Total Views

I have really loved nursing my now 10 month old son. At this point and time I'm ready to have my body back. I'm ready to let him have more exploreration. So, now that we've slowly weaned him since he was 8 months old down to now his 1 feeding in the morning which will slowly be going away soon. I feel guilty about taking the only thing that he's known since birth. He seems to be adjusting to it better than what I thought he would be. So, why do I feel guilty? Why does this seem to be such a tough thing? I'm not trying to be a bad mom, but we both need this. Anyone got any words to make this easier.

~Jamie~
by on Jul. 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamapowell
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2008 at 9:34 AM

There are always other things that will bring you and baby close. Don't feel guilty.

If baby is adjusting better than you thought then there is no reason to have guilty thoughts.

Just feed him healthy foods and was your hands and his often so you can fight off infections and sickness easier.

Yes I'm still breastfeeding

Proud Mommy And Wife

clover_4118
by Member on Aug. 1, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Don't feel guilty. You have given him the best so far and you will continue to do so in many other ways. 

Camomommy1001
by on Aug. 2, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Thanks, I apperciate it.

~Jamie~
morgansmom1014
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2008 at 10:11 AM

I understand how you feel.  I am currently in the process of weaning my 9 1/2 month old.  So far, I have only given up the afternoon pre-nap breastfeeding.  Each morning I tell myself I am going to eliminate the morning feeding, but I can't quite get myself to do it.  Even though I think that one will be easier on her, as she relies on her mid-morning and night time ones to relax and go to sleep.  The afternoon pre-nap has been tough, as it was her calmer and get to sleep method.  But she is adjusting (there were a few tears).  I do feel guilty, but think it is time for both of us.  I just shower her with love in other ways.  I know that what I have done so far is soo good for her and hopefully she will be healthier for it.  I'm not sure how long the weaning will take. 

I also worry about the amount of formula she is drinking.  I can only get her to dring about 2 ounces.  However, I don't really know how much she is drinking when she breastfeeds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)