Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone pump?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2008 at 11:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 110 Total Views

i started to pump with a hand held one today. my nipples are sore! is it suppose to hurt like this after pumping or is it from the slow handheld? how do i make them not hurt? a cold pack or something??

this hurts more than trying to breastfeed the first couple of times.

by on Sep. 9, 2008 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sica_Belle
by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 5:17 PM

How long did you pump? You don't want to pump for more than 10 mins after a letdown. Are you sure your nipple was in the center of the cup, being off to one side or the other can cause quite a bit of discomfort. If niether of those was the case you may need a different size cup, but I personally don't know how to tell one way or the other.

babixblanquita
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2008 at 2:46 AM

Yeah, depends on the type of pump you used. If you use an expensive kind like the Medela pumps, they are higher in quality and work more efficiently. I used a handheld one & it wasn't for me because I don't have the actual time to sit there & pump. Try and electric pump. Currerntly, I'm using the EvenFlow Pump. It cost me about $40 bucks at Wal-Mart. I agree with everything Timsmom said !!! You might not have had your nipple in the right spot (center of shield) or if you are a begginner, it is really uncomfortable! I hope you feel better & just keep trying! you'll get it! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)