Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here and totally stressed out over my son

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 282 Total Views

Hello all,

I am a 30 yr old mom of two beautiful children and three just as great soon-to-be step children.  However, amongst this bunch of rugrats I have a horrible concern about our youngest (my youngest).  You see I split two yrs ago from his father.  Which was pretty easy considering.  My son was ok at the age of two, now here is the where the problems lays.  My son just turned four and he is absolutely set against coming home when it is mommy's turn to have him.  His dad does not work and hasn't since January of last year which doesn't matter, well let me take that back it matters for one he hasnt paid child support since ordered to and his is home all the time so when it is his turn to have our son he is there.  When it is my turn to have our son I work.  So there is one problem.  Another problem is the money issue, I live pay check to pay check like most Americans do.  However, his dad lives off of his mother and buying our son anything and everything that he wants.  This hurts me and his soon-to-be step father, because we can not buy like he can.  I feel my sons father is buying his affection and him being home all the time hurts also.  When I picked my son up the last time it was my turn it took me 45 minutes to leave his fathers house because my son would just scream for his father begging not go, this of course ripped my heart out and his father not helping stomped on it.  What can I do to make this transition more easier for my four year old.

Sincerely

In pain and heart broken

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lottadreams
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I don't really have any suggestions for you i just wanted to let you know you are not alone.  Our family is going through almost the same exact same thing only I am the grandma and it's my son's child that is the one being manipulated.  It truly does tear the heart right out of ya.  How an adult can be so cold and selfish as to mess with the mind of a child to try to get back at their ex is beyond me.  Everything I hear says that most of the time in the end the child figures out what is going on....but sadly there's an awful lot of heartache between.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)