Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself Here

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2007 at 5:41 AM
  • 35 Replies
  • 1234 Total Views
I figured we should have an introduction thread.

Please share whatever you'd like, but especially why you've joined the group.

My name is Christie, and I have a 4 year old son. I'm a Navy wife, which is odd as I'm a Pagan liberal.
You can call me Christie, Rana, or RanaAurora. Any are fine by me. :)

I, obviously, feel very strongly about boycotting Nestle, and spreading the word of their money-grubbing, careless, callous and disgusting actions by the company... especially the ones that have resulted in the deaths of babies and their responding attitude.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/carri13_photo/my%20pics/cio_siggy3.gif
Group Owner: Nestlé-Free Zone Check it out to learn about or join the boycott.
I Can Has Cheezburger? Love LOLZ Cats? Join the group!

by on Oct. 11, 2007 at 5:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natrulee
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2007 at 9:09 PM
Hi.....my name is Natalie.  I don't know much about what they are doing....so that is why I am interested in this group...I definately want to know more.  Thanks!  I'll do my very best to remember when I am shopping....crazy, though, how much they own!  sheesh  My boys will be disappointed in the Willy Wonka, but they'll be okay...lol  Hopefully enough happens with, I'm sure, many differnt boycotts on them, that they change things.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/fieldtrips http://www.cafemom.com/group/creativeco-op
RanaAurora
by Group Owner on Oct. 11, 2007 at 9:49 PM
I'm glad to have you here, and thanks for taking interest!

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask!  Also, spread the word around. :)  This group needs all the help it can get!

Ban the Bags Logo

Join my group to learn about the Nestle boycott!

BreastfeedinMom
by on Oct. 11, 2007 at 10:23 PM

Hi ladies!  I am Carol and I am a SAHM with 2 IVF miracle boys (Jacob,9 and Phillip, almost 2).  I am still nursing the youngest and I am homeschooling the oldest because his needs were not being met in public school. 

I have been a passive Nestle boycotter for years - I can remember 20 years ago (I was 17) and my mom boycotted Nestle products.  That said, with mergers and acquisitions over the years I was unaware of some of the brands that are now owned by Nestle.  So I am committing myself to be more active in boycotting and letting others know about the boycott as well. 

Carol

RanaAurora
by Group Owner on Oct. 11, 2007 at 11:40 PM
Glad to have you with us!
I saw you've got tons of anti-Nestle things on your profile, and I plan on doing the same!

I applaud you for having boycotted them!  I'm new to it, but it made me so angry to more I researched, that I can't see NOT doing it.

Ban the Bags Logo

sm_
by Group Admin on Oct. 12, 2007 at 3:43 PM
Hi,  my name is Tora and I learned about the nestle boycott when I was pregnant with my only son (4months) and that's how I made the decision to BF. I'm an army wife, a lactivist, and a libertarian. I'm pretty opinionated but not close-minded... I believe very strongly in "natural living" and I hate the FDA!

RanaAurora
by Group Owner on Oct. 12, 2007 at 3:55 PM
Glad to have ya!
sm_ is an admin, guys, so her word is as good as mine! :)

Ban the Bags Logo

Liams_Mommy_14
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2007 at 6:08 PM
Hello,
My name is Stephanie,  Just joined a few days ago.  Sorrie its taken so long to do an intro but I'm still slowly getting the hang of this new lovely site I have stummbled upon.  I am 24 years old and live in Central Illinois.  I have been married 3 years as of this December to the love of my life Joshua, and I have recently (6 weeks ago) gave birth to my beautiful baby boy Liam Daniel.
Any more questions for me feel free to email me and I'll be glad to try and answer to the best of my ability.  I look forward to getting to know all the mommies I can to help make me a better first time mommie :-)

• I love my beautiful son Liam Daniel <3 And my wonderful husband Joshua
Child abuse in any form is wrong! Please do what you can to help end child abuse in your area! photo  sharing  and  video  hosting  at  photobucket
carolasaya
by on Oct. 16, 2007 at 11:43 AM
Hello ladies my name is Carola. I have a 2 year old boy who I am still breasfeeding. He never drank a drop of formula or anything else than breasmilk....
Thanks for letting me be part of this group...
See you ladies.
Caro
babonwy
by on Oct. 17, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Hi,
Sorry This Took so Long!
My Name is Heather, I have a 2 1/2 Year old girl and I am Pregnant With baby Girl #2!
I souly Breast fed the First and plan the same with #2 as well! 

klovins
by on Oct. 18, 2007 at 11:37 AM
hi my name is nickii have a 6 yr old, 10 month old and one due in june...i am  sahm and i have had no idea until recently about what has been going on in the world with nestle, i too am joining the boycott.  nice to have found a group for this and nice to meet u all

Baby wearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, no vac mama                                                                                                                                             
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)