Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself Here

Posted by   + Show Post
I figured we should have an introduction thread.

Please share whatever you'd like, but especially why you've joined the group.

My name is Christie, and I have a 4 year old son. I'm a Navy wife, which is odd as I'm a Pagan liberal.
You can call me Christie, Rana, or RanaAurora. Any are fine by me. :)

I, obviously, feel very strongly about boycotting Nestle, and spreading the word of their money-grubbing, careless, callous and disgusting actions by the company... especially the ones that have resulted in the deaths of babies and their responding attitude.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/carri13_photo/my%20pics/cio_siggy3.gif
Group Owner: Nestlé-Free Zone Check it out to learn about or join the boycott.
I Can Has Cheezburger? Love LOLZ Cats? Join the group!

by on Oct. 11, 2007 at 5:41 AM
Replies (31-35):
MrsSharp
by on Jul. 8, 2008 at 12:05 AM
Hi. I am Sara, wife to Dan and mom to Penelope, who is 22mos. I just heard about the boycott on Nestle, and I support it.

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Nurse_Jenn
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2008 at 12:20 AM
I'm Jenn, wife to Nick for six super years and mama to James -he's three today, and Jack who's nine months - and hopefully many babies to come. I'm an OB/NICU nurse and lactation educator - can't call my self a lactaton consultant 'til I take the test next July!

I've recently begun to boycott nestle as well as the other formula manufactures - mead-johnson and ross pharmaceuticals - which really limits what medications can enter my home - but I am willing to sacrifice. Nestle is by far the worst company - but the other two also lie to moms and convince mom's to they are weak, unable and incompetent and are therefore not worthy of my hard earned dollars!!

~Jenn, RN

Ginny032
by on Jul. 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM
Hi, I'm Ginny.  Mom to Joseph - 3 months and Benjamin - turning 6 later this month.  Well, we've been doing a partial Nestle ban for almost 3 years now without knowing there was an organized boycott. 
   Our reason was purely selfish, my husband worked for a Neste Waters (Ozarka) plant and was wrongly fired.  So we've been very careful of what brand of water we buy & if something was obviously Nestle, I would buy the competitors brand instead.  It is a little overwhelming to see the long list of products they make......but after learning what I've learned I will do my best to boycott.
tatersmomma
by on Jul. 9, 2008 at 3:06 PM
Hi, I'm Tara and I am just learning of the things Nestle has done, I am currently studying to be a Lactation Consultant. I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old! I too will be taking the board next july!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

juliness
by on Nov. 18, 2008 at 9:24 AM

hi i'm juli, mom of two boys, two dogs and a cat. :) i boycott coca cola for their evil practices, as well as walmart and mcdonalds... well actually all fast food. in my research about coca cola (their list is just as annoying when you see how many brands are theirs) and walmart i did come across many articles about nestle as well.

it is so incredibly frustrating to shop this way. i just get madder an madder every day. i also know that the mars company employs evil practices in obtaining cocoa for their chocolate. isn't there a law about monopolies in this country?!?!?! sigh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)