Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mothers' Day...

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

Just wondering what your family will do for you on Mothers' Day.  Last year we went out for brunch with my inlaws and my sister-in-law.  Wasn't too happy that I have to spend "MY DAY" with them.  I mean my sister-in-law's kids don't even do anything for her so why does she have to be involved.  I'm not too crazy about her.  At least we went out at 10:30 so we got home fairly early and I had the day to myself.  I'm going to do the same thing this year if I have to spend it with them.  The year before that she was responsible for making the arrangements and she made reservations the DAY BEFORE.  Needless to say, the only place they found was a hotel's banquet room and they didn't get out to BRUNCH until 4:00.  I told my husband that if she didn't have arrangements made ahead of time I wasn't going with them and I didn't. 

I'm happy to spend the day home with my girls.  I'd rather have a barbq or something simple like that. 
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mbickley
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 2:05 AM
We dont usually do much of anything.  Last year my family made me 'breakfast in bed' which was pretty funny.  My son was a year old at the time and woke up regularly at 6am.  My daughters were up at 7, but my hubby didnt get up til 8 or so.  So when he finally got up, (I had already been up for at least 2hrs) they sent me back to bed for my breakfast.  It was pretty funny.  After that we usually make the rounds.  HIs moms, then my moms for dinner which we do every sunday.  But usually on mothers day we end up eating KFC. 
xTarax
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 2:29 AM
This year will be my first Mother's Day so im excited. Some days i cant believe i am someones mom it amazes me! All i need is my little girl and my bf and i will be the happiest girl ever.
DanaWar
by Group Admin on Apr. 15, 2007 at 7:07 AM
we always do a buffet and a peaceful boat ride....I agree with the rest of you, it is a thrill to be a mom and the day should be relaxing 
stardustglow74
by Member on Apr. 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Well, over the years I have done different things. I never had a traditional mothers day with a husband and all that. We had a tradition where the women from my moms family would go to lunch but my nana died last year. I dont really know, probably just go to my parents. Not to sound bad but I never felt like it was ever about me. Does that sound selfish? I know my daughter does her best to make it a nice day for me but she can only do so much.
shanna7313
by on Apr. 19, 2007 at 2:55 PM
this is my first mothers day. we never did much for my mom: well, nothing fancy like brunch. we did chores and made dinner and let her relax.

i do not need much. just my hubby and my beautiful daughter. i don't think he has any plans though :P
mamaval
by Group Owner on Apr. 19, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Quoting DanaWar:

we always do a buffet and a peaceful boat ride....I agree with the rest of you, it is a thrill to be a mom and the day should be relaxing 

what time are we going...lol.. boat yeah thats not one of my choices..lol.. sounds great...
well its my sister first mother day well if she getts it out by then... so i guess her house unless she wants to just be her and her new family which  sorry but i think thats how it should be.. stay with your kids and hubby and go on a picinic... or a boat ;)
greeneyes
by Member on Apr. 20, 2007 at 4:15 PM
That sounds fun....when do you leave danawar?  I'll bring a bottle of champagne, maybe some shrimp!!!!

To those of you that are celebrating their first Mother's Day, enjoy it and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

On my first Mother's Day I was extremely hung-over.  Couldn't even get out of bed, how horrible is that?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)