Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 497 Total Views

hey girls, i dont know if i have crohns disease or not, so im going to ask you all that have gone through it and see if you could help me out.

For the last year and a half, i have been having vomiting episodes.  I would feel just fine and eat whatever i wanted, but then get sick like the stomach flu all of a sudden, and have vomiting and diarrhea that would last 3 days or so, not keeping anything down (usually visiting ER for IVs and anti-nauseas) and it started happening more and more often, now its about once a week, and im constantly nauseas. i have drastically lost weight and been very sick. i dont have insurance so it took me a while to get medical help (i was put on a waiting list for a program to help pay) and i finally just got results to an upper endoscopy biopsy. they said i have GERD.  i already knew i had GERD, i was diagnosed with that when my gallbladder was removed 3 years ago, had a bile duct leak, then the stent that was put in was taken out because it clogged. i dont think the GERD is causing my vomiting. i took prilosec and such before and it made no difference, and i rarely get heartburn.

one time when i went to the ER the dr finally took me seriously when i said it was more than the stomach flu and he took tests and my liver numbers were high (whatever that means) then with a follow up with a dr my liver was back to normal, but that was after my vomiting episode was over too.

when i vomit (and my diarrhea) it is a yellow liquid.

i have had vomiting episodes my whole life, i always just thought it was bad stomach flu, that i get more often then most people, but now im thinking it was more than that.

when i was younger i went an entire year without eating "greasy" food, because everytime i did, it made me vomit. im kinda going through that again, but its anything with any kind of fat in it, and its ten times worse.

blood tests show my vitamin D as super low, and even taking vitamins dont help, everytime i stand my eyes black out, my legs become weak, and everything spins. i have passed out several times. my skin has rashes (eczema) everywhere, and im just all around miserable, no energy, cant eat, cant do anything for fear i will get sick if i make plans.

is it possible it is crohns disease? does any of this sound familiar?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomMaria333
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2010 at 7:21 PM
I don't personally have crohns (I have ulcerative colitis), but know many people that do and this sounds far worse than any of their symptoms. Do the doctors have any suggestions besides GERD? Have you been tested for food allergies?
HTheriault
by on Jul. 22, 2010 at 10:38 AM

You need to go to a gastroenterologist directly.  MOST family practice doctors - and ER doctors for that matter - aren't going to have this in the front of their minds when treating you.  My hubby was having the vomiting and diarrhea for a while before he was diagnosed with both 'gastritis' and with 'GERD' (taking Zantac and Prilosec - the generic forms).

LAKirby7
by on May. 31, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Sounds like gallbladder to me. Do you have pain of any kind?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)