Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

27 weeks and feeling decent!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 353 Total Views
I have safely made it to 27 weeks with my baby boy Chandler, his big sister Delilah turned 2 2 1/2 weeks ago, and considering all the stress and hormonal changes I am actually faring pretty well on the colitis front! I have never been in remission, but have been right on the edge for a number of months now. I have had two sort of short lived 2 week long bursts of severity throughout this pregnancy and am thankful that it hasn't been worse! Only a couple more months to last in the pattern before I'll be less worried about full blown bleeding constantly flares, hooray!
I was very afraid going in to this pregnancy, I was VERY sick just a couple weeks before becoming pregnant, straight constant blood that landed me in the hospital.... a lot... but I have been diligent with treatment and "safe" foods, and like I said, no remission, but bearable! And I am thrilled with that alone!!
How are you Moms and Moms to Be faring?
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I have been ok, I have an ileostomy but stll have part of my rectum and its flaring right now, and its no fun. glad you are having some relief

by New Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I just started Remicaid infusions. We are hoping this will throw me back into remission. Have you talked to your doctor about this type of treatment after the birth of your child?

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Well, at 27 weeks I was happy with the way I was feeling. Then suddenly July 3rd with no warning I sat down to go to the bathroom and blood blood blood. Been having a start of a flare ever since. I saw a GP yesterday and she's going to check with my GI and my high risk OB about our options, and we'll go from there. I'm so depressed! But I did some research and I guess the highest risk of flare during pregnancy is the 1st and 3rd trimester because they have the most hormonal changes. :(
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Not sure if you have ever heard of Body by Vi, but it has helped alot of people with Crohn's and Colitis..  It is incredible nutrition in the form of a shake (use milk or water which ever works best for you) that helps you get all the nutrition your body needs without the worry of peeling veggies, and expensive shopping trips.  I have used it every day for almost 2.5 years and now take no meds and have no diet restrictions, and my daughter is med free as well..  

This is why I am a promoter of Body by Vi now, and very active in my local CCFA group.  

Let me know if you are interested in getting a sample.  It is completely safe for pregnant and breastfeeding moms... it's just nutrition that tastes great!

I have had crohn's for 30 years, 3 bowel resections, blood transfusions, prednisone, hospitalizations,iron shots, many meds, and was unable to have any fruits, veggies or milk for along period of time.

I know, I have been there.... and I feel incredible now!  so very thankful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)