Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crohns+Azathioprine+surprise pregnancy--anyone else in this boat?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:35 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

I see this is not that active of a group, but I'm trying to find real life answers and cannot find anything...hoping someone is still around this neck of the woods. Quick summary...dx in 2009, horribly sick and ill for ever it seems. It's never been in remission, except when I was pregnant, it was a surprise pregnancy and of the 30/30/30 rule, I was in the 30 that got better. The question I have is...I was on Humira and azathioprine when I got pregnant and my DR had me stop the Humira during the 3rd tri-mester, but not the azathioprine. My son was born early, but no problems, no issues, he's right as rain....except he's always sick. He goes to Pre-School which I know is a germ factory, but its crazy how sick he gets. I was a stay at home mom for the first 18 mos, then he went to daycare/pre-school..from 18 mos for about 8 months straight this kid had ear infections, there was barely a break between them, I almost lost my mind...now he's 3--almost 4 and he is sick all. the. time. Except now it's fevers. They come out of no where and there are no other symptoms. They're high too. Like 103,104 and they last 1-3 days and then they're gone. I CANNOT find anything about long term effects on children exposed to azathioprine during pregnancy, I can only find effects during pregnancy. I'm working on my Master's right now so I have access to a lot of medical journals, etc and still nada. Has anyone had this same situation, or had a pregnancy and was on azathioprine but hasn't had the same issues? Thanks.

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)