Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi ladies

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:33 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 295 Total Views

Ok so after I get out of the air brace im in (im a bit of a clutz sometimes and twisted both sides of my ankle) I realy want to start roller derby. Im thinking about doing the once a week a half hour away for know, but I want to hear any advice you ladies have for a newbie. Im very nervous about it. Im not going to get any realy good gear yet untill I know I like it. Im going to get a cheap set for temp thought.

Group Mod
Check us out if you have
a March 2010 Babies.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Amyeloise
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hey, you should definitely do it! Most people have no idea about how to play derby before they start, you will be well supported by any team, the derby community is a lovely thing to be part of xx

miselanious
by Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Hi and welcome! I just wanted to chime in and say that although our minds want to do this please please make sure your ankles are totally healed up and strong for skating. I have watched several people return after a injury and end up re injuring. You will take longer to heal the second time around. Other than that give it a whirl and see what you think.

BadMamaJammer
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Definitely try it out! I agree with the other ladies about making sure you are fully recovered but derby is awesome and I bet you'll soon become obsessed :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)