Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help Dry skin

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 307 Total Views

My dogshave been itching since we turned on the heat. They do not have fleas, but I have seen dandruff flakes on them. What can I do for it? I do not want to put chemicals on them. Please help

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hightideatsea
by Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 7:48 AM

You could try using a shampoo for dogs that helps to condition their skin.  Check at your local pet store or vet office.  I have never had that problem with my dogs, but my ferret has allergies and gets very itchy and my vet recommended bathing him in the oatmeal bath.  that helped him somewhat. 

Twilight Fanatic
Grab a Funny Picture from pYzam.com

lrd1023
by Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Thanks

nuvetmarie
by Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Itchy dog help with NuVET - all Natural

Ear infections ?  Hot spots?  Itchy paws - Shedding????

Need a great over all Pet vitamin and herbal treatment?  Keep the VET away....

NuVET offers a 60 day guaranteed trial / WE help or your money back:  CALL in for the trial offer - the NuVET gals will explain more.....Tell them PET Nurse Marie sent you.

BEEN to the VET too many times?

SEE here

Natural Daily Canine Supplement / Another Wonderful Testimonial...
N.V. + Wafers: see here

My two adult female Schnauzers which I adopted two months ago, one of which is so allergic to everything she had open stomach sores from scratching for the last two months, have been on N.V.+ for less than a WEEK and the change is miraculous.

Hundreds of Allergic Bumps almost totally gone, sores almost completely scabbed over, and scratching is almost completely abated except for the occasional "habit" of doing so. While I was waiting for the WAFERS, I was treating this allergic bump breakout condition with apple cider vinegar (it was the ONLY thing that helped), but it kept the itching at bay.

I was praying there was an answer out there somewhere and it appears, thank GOD, that I found it. I am on your re-order plan, 90 count every 60 days.
Gratefully,
P.B.

order here: not sold in stores:  By Holistic Vets

If you want to try some N.V. Wafers for your pets....Call the 1-800-474-7044 and tell them Marie Peppers sent you from Cafe Mom's site: Give order code 81098 and ASK for the 60 day trial money back guaranteed offer.

Prices start at 19.99

YOU can also go here and see the product:

http://www.apluspetcare.com/untitled4.html

shorttie05
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM

i used Avon's Skin so soft  bath oil spray on my poodle it is gentle enough to use on dogs.  I use it after baths when her dry skin was the worst and now she has a healthy full shiny coat and no more dry skin.

mzbratkid
by Group Admin on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:08 AM

On our gsd we use murphy oil just a little it helps her to stop itching and it doesnt make her sick.

USCGwife
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:54 PM

this is a good idea! i will try this...our puppy has such dry skin i'm willing to try anything!! I bet it helps to smell good too!!!

Quoting shorttie05:

i used Avon's Skin so soft  bath oil spray on my poodle it is gentle enough to use on dogs.  I use it after baths when her dry skin was the worst and now she has a healthy full shiny coat and no more dry skin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)