Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type of dog is Honey ? 4 pictures

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 564 Total Views

Long story short? He is a rescue puppy from the pound. My mother in law told me she was bringing me a Sharpie .lol. Nope not what came home. I know he is mixed. Some say, a type of lab or retriever, sometimes sharpie in the eyes when he wants to give the sad look. lol. Anyways.. Anyone have any ideas??  4 pictures included..

When we first got him - Summer 09 (above picture)

His first family photo (above photo)

November 09 (above picture)

(Christmas 09 above picture)

Any Ideas? He is still a puppy ! And very big - and  still growing!!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I'd go with golden retriever/german shepherd/maybe some lab. 

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

KyliesMom5
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I see a lot of lab in him.  I see no sign of Shar pei in him at all.  If this was my dog I would call him a lab/ hound mix or a golden retriever/ lab mix.  

nocciboo
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I say lab/hound.  Does he have any spots on his tongue?

Quoting KyliesMom5:

I see a lot of lab in him.  I see no sign of Shar pei in him at all.  If this was my dog I would call him a lab/ hound mix or a golden retriever/ lab mix.  

justthismom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Yea, no sharpie. But it is a good joke with friends now .lol.

He is a great dog, full of energy !! Wow - you would think he drank a gallon of rockstar energy drink! He loves the snow, Great with the kids, and other animals.

And wow dont think about breaking in.lol. My husband came home early one morning with his full uniform on, he forgot something, Honey freaked out, didnt know it was him. I woke up to my dog barking and standing  at the hallway not letting my husband past where he was. - Honey was gaurding where the children where sleeping. Such a proud moment. lol.

He even shares his dog bones with our 1 year old. lol. They are the really big ones, She is at one end he is at the other. lol. to funny.

Now to only find him a friend. He needs another dog friend!!

THanks for the ideas.

It even says chinese sharpie on his paperwork from the pound. haa haa..

justthismom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Can't remember if on his tounge (he is sleeping or i would check now) But I know he has some spots on the roof and under his tounge on the bottome roof. a few spots.

Quoting nocciboo:

I say lab/hound.  Does he have any spots on his tongue?

Quoting KyliesMom5:

seashore29
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM

i would say he is a mix of a lab and a golden retriever.

Moonwhisper
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM

I would say some sort of lab mix, he looks a lot like my lab and they do get big.

CollinBayleeMom
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I would say Lab/German Shepherd.  Oh and spots in the mouth or on the tongue doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Lots of breeds can have them.  I have 2 purebred Shetland Sheepdogs and the both have spots in their mouths.

grandeboys
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Your last pic look just like my dog at home.  I mean color, size, body shape, everything.They could be twins.  Mine a rescue too.  We have him down as a lab mix.

I want to thank you for the earlier pic.  You gave me an idea of what my dog probable looked like as a puppy.  How much does he weigh right now?

justthismom
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hi, wow. They really look similar. At first glance. I thought hey why dones that person have a picture of my puppy .lol.. Well I dont know what he weights right now, But because I haven othing else to do because my daughter is trying on her shoes. lol. I will go weight him.. WOw that was interesing.lol. I had to pick him up. About 61.8 pounds. On my digital bathroom scale. Where did you get yours? Mine was from Northern California.

Quoting grandeboys:

Your last pic look just like my dog at home.  I mean color, size, body shape, everything.They could be twins.  Mine a rescue too.  We have him down as a lab mix.

I want to thank you for the earlier pic.  You gave me an idea of what my dog probable looked like as a puppy.  How much does he weigh right now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)