Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fleas!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

Ok, I have a furbaby witih fleas! We live in the country just bulit our house its a year old .. we live close to a pig farm (stinky) annyways we have sand fleas BAD in our yard  and they are getting on our furbaby (american bulldog) I put the frontline on him but I am still finding them what can i do to either get them off him and or out of the yard!

HELP!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Momchipomkids
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:17 AM

seven dust in the yard, diamacieous earth powder and I heard salt along the doorways of your house....a friend of ours sprinkles salt around the floors inside, then after a couple days, vacuums them up.. treating them like regular fleas and spraying the yard or bombing the house, always vacuuming, sprinkle seven dust in the dogs favorite place to lay outside...read up on that Diamaceous Earth powder...

LovinMyBabies57
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 10:26 AM

thanks!

hightideatsea
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I use k-9 advantage and that seems to work very good at keeping the fleas off my dogs. If you have carpeting in your home, you will need to vacuum, vacuum, vacuum until all the fleas are gone and stay on the frontline you are using.  I know it can take several hours to kill all fleas on the dog.  Also wash all your pet bedding to help remove fleas.  Have your yard sprayed as the other poster suggested. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)