Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOT AGAIN!!!!! THIS SUXS *****UPDATE***

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

so for christmas i bought my six year old son a hamster...well that one turned out to be an attack hamster lol. it bit me and my daughter and drew blood so i brought her back to petsmart to exchange it and they had no other hamsters so i had to get my money back...well i went to a local pet store that had a really cute fluffy baby hamster so we got him and brought him home and he ended up with "wet tail" so i had to give it meds for that and hand feed it water well a week later he died so i brought him back to the petstore and with my luck they had no others so i ran around like a chicken while son was at school to find an ALL BLACK hamster before my son got home and found out it was missing so back to petsmart i went while they had a black hamster that was over weight lol she was adorable and i feel in love with her well i wake up this morning and started cleaning and i went to take her blanket of her cage and she didnt greet me at the door like always well come to find out she died = [ this was our third hamster and second one to die!!! my son doesnt know and i dont know what to do should i get him a new one or try for a different pet my son is an emotional little boy he cried for days and blamed himself when his guinea pig past away in his arms she was old and it was hard on him is why i dont want to tell him please give me some answers THIS IS AWFULL!!!

we will miss you night night!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone for there replies and support and suggestions!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommeeTo4
by Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Get a Rat, hamsters suck

Hamsters bite.

Rats are awesome and trainable.

My fav are hairless ones. Hooded are great too.
I also prefer males over females
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meandyou2011
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM

i had rats as a kid. but this hamster was the cutest black bear and she was nice = ] she was even nice after my cat knocked her cage over and tried to eat her lol i couldnt find her for a day but she his behind the fridge.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Get a Rat, hamsters suck

Hamsters bite.

MommeeTo4
by Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
We had one hamster. That lil shit, chewed through his PLASTIC habittrail cage. He got loose and was never seen again. When we moved we found his home in a old dresser, he had made a bed in there and there was poop left.
We left the dresser lol so in case he came back he would have a home.

I love love love rats. I had them before I married dh. They freak him out so I can have one.

Quoting meandyou2011:

i had rats as a kid. but this hamster was the cutest black bear and she was nice = ] she was even nice after my cat knocked her cage over and tried to eat her lol i couldnt find her for a day but she his behind the fridge.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Get a Rat, hamsters suck

Hamsters bite.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddo0820
by Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Guinea pigs live up to 4 years, I've had 2 and the both lived to be 6.

Ferne
by Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I have had hamsters without any problem in the past, You do have to handle them a lot to keep them from biting and you have to be careful not to scare them.  With the bad luck you have been having tho, I would try another kind of pet. How about a rabbit or another guinea pig?

meandyou2011
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM

we have one guinea pig already so i dunno we will see

Quoting Ferne:

I have had hamsters without any problem in the past, You do have to handle them a lot to keep them from biting and you have to be careful not to scare them.  With the bad luck you have been having tho, I would try another kind of pet. How about a rabbit or another guinea pig?

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Get a bunny. Nows the perfect time with Easter coming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)