Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sad (people are laughing at me, wtf?)

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 132 Total Views

I've always been a pet person...I'm that girl that walks in with strays and asks my bf sweetly "can we keep it?!"....it's always a yes..cuz I get what I want lol.

I had 2 people tell me today to just let my dog die/ put her down.

(she's anemic and is really close to needing a blood transfusion) I had no clue until I took her to the emergency vet..shes being held over night, given fluids and what not, as she is also having a weird hormone or enzyme leaking into her abdominal cavity...it's costing me quite a bit of money but I'd rather pay it, than watch her suffer, especially since I know her issues came from MY care of her.

2 people laughed at me, told me I was stupid, i shud just put her down... all this other stuff....people are mean, even if you don't agree with what I'm doing...keep comments like that to urself u know? it's not like I ASKED if they felt I was doing the right thing... w/e

I love my dog. I don't see the point IN rescuing them at one point, just to give up on them when they get sick o.O

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Ferne
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I agree, it is mean of people to tell you that. If one of our dogs should become ill, I would do whatever I could to help them get better.  They are not disposable, they are family. I hope your little one gets better soon.

MandiFuego
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Quoting Ferne:

I agree, it is mean of people to tell you that. If one of our dogs should become ill, I would do whatever I could to help them get better.  They are not disposable, they are family. I hope your little one gets better soon.

Turns out, she got into some garlic AND had a really serious flea issue...both lead to anemia in dogs :/.... a bit of garlic just cost me possibly the life of my lil pup.....they're doing blood work now to see if her organs are damaged, if they are, they suggest I just put her down :/

Tiredmom53
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:01 AM

That is mean of them, your pets are your children, I would do the same thing if I was in your shoes, oh yea I have. Keep doing the good work you are doing and I wish the best of luck to you and your puppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)