Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

watery vomit, never seen this before, what do you think?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:43 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

my poor kitty has been tossing her kibble for a few days now, but it has never, ever been like this before. it is thin and watery and has pieces of almost totally undigesed kibble along with it. 

it has always bothered me that cats seem to not chew their food, when they vomit (usually from eating too fast) and its a little log or pile of undigested kibble, though, it makes sense at least.

this watery vomit is just concerning. i will call the vet today, but i wondered if anyone else had experience with this.

this kitty is almost 8 years old and has never done this particular icky before

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Zamaria
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Sounds like a stomach bug to me. I've seen my animals do it before. They usually get over it in a few days. But it's still a good idea to call the vet since she's been vomiting her kibble. You don't want her to have some type of blockage or something. I would suggest maybe putting a bit of oil in her food. I use the drippings that I drain off of meat. It helps to lubricate any hairballs, etc. so they can get rid of them. And you might consider switching to a food formulated for hairballs if you don't use it already. That has helped my cat a lot. Hope she feels better soon! Maybe try a canned food for a day or two and see if she throws that up. May be easier to digest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CollinBayleeMom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM

It maybe an intestinal blockage (hair ball).  I'm glad you are taking her to the vet.  Please let us know what they say.

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Could be constipated.  Have you seen in poo in the box?  It happens to Salem when he gets constipated.  I sprinkle psyllium on his food to help keep things moving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN