Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

declawing

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 308 Total Views
I have heard declawing a cat is inhumane.Do you believe this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zamaria
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Yes I do. I had my cat declawed when I was 16. I didn't know how cruel it was. The poor cat went nuts. He turned so mean immediately after I had him declawed. I will never do that to a cat again. I clip and file the claws on the cats I have now. And when my kids were little we adopted a cat from the shelter that had already been declawed because I didn't want to risk the kids getting clawed. But I will never choose to have it done to any cat again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonnyswoman75
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I have been debating having my cats done.I am deciding against it.

Quoting Zamaria:

Yes I do. I had my cat declawed when I was 16. I didn't know how cruel it was. The poor cat went nuts. He turned so mean immediately after I had him declawed. I will never do that to a cat again. I clip and file the claws on the cats I have now. And when my kids were little we adopted a cat from the shelter that had already been declawed because I didn't want to risk the kids getting clawed. But I will never choose to have it done to any cat again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:59 AM
If you have trouble with them scratching you can try those rubber nail guard things from PetSmart. They work really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Yes, you are amputating the first digits of their paws.  Some suffer from pain even after the wounds have healed.

Mommyof2114
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Yes i believe it is.probably because it IS inhumane.same thing with ear cropping and tail docking in dogs.
sonnyswoman75
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Whats ear cropping?

Quoting mcr17:

Yes i believe it is.probably because it IS inhumane.same thing with ear cropping and tail docking in dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonnyswoman75
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Aww that is sad

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Yes, you are amputating the first digits of their paws.  Some suffer from pain even after the wounds have healed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM
They cut the dogs ears to make them look pointed.

Quoting sonnyswoman75:

Whats ear cropping?

Quoting mcr17:

Darkkitty
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I have done it to my cats, but after learning what was involved I will never do it again.  Look at your hand...the first knuckle under your nail - declawing is amputation to that first knuckle.  Declawing is not just removal of the nail from the nail bed, it basically the entire top of your finger... that's what is being done to the poor kitty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)