Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Goldfish swimming upside down??

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

We have a fairly large Goldfish that was a Christmas present last year for my DD. Well, this morning i noticed she is floating upside down in her tank. She is still trying to swim around, but i think she has the "bloat". I'm not sure if she is going to make it.  Anyone have expierence with this? It's hard to watch her like that... I just dont know what to do at the moment. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
carakitty
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Yes, it is probably something wrong with her swim bladdar. Is she still eating? If she is, and is trying to swim then just let her be. As hard as it is sometimes to watch them swim odd like that, sometimes the problem will resolve itself. Good luck

angie944
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Thank you for responding... she seems to be swimming a lot better now, and still eating.  I think she is working out the air bubble or whatever it is. =)

Zamaria
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
When mine did that I looked it up and saw that you should feed them peas once or twice a week. You have to take that thin skin off the pea though. I just used frozen peas and squished the inside into the water. It worked and I kept doing it once a week and never had that problem again. Worth a try!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie944
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Thank you, i will give that a try for sure! I know my almost 5 yr old DD would be very sad if she died... 

carakitty
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I guess sometimes fish get gas, and I don't know if they can fart but they have to work stuff out some how right? I'm glad the fish is hanging in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)