Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An update on Puck, my Green Cheek Conure

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

We adopted Puck 11 months ago, and when we got him he was not a typical little conure. He had no personality, he didn't like any contact with people at all, he wouldn't play with toys or eat fresh foods. The previous owner had lied about his age and didn't take good care of him. I was worried that the bird we had just adopted was going to be something we could look at but not interact with. Even though I wasn't excited about that prospect, I knew it wasn't fair to him to have so many owners. I have no idea how many people he's lived with! So I vowed that even if he hates me forever, I would give him his forever home. Well, 11 months later he is a whole different bird. He has ONE toy he likes, he preens it and sleeps with it. He talks back to me when I talk to him, and he steps up. Sometimes I can get him to "dance" (bob head up and down). Within the last couple weeks he has been kissing me (the first time on Christmas Eve!!!) and he likes to be on a lower surface beside us when we eat supper. I am so in love with my bird, he is amazing. I wanted to post his progress, because I am so proud of him! I definitely want to adopt other birds in the future :) ^_^

family in the vanMom to Logan, Kaidin, Jacobi, Leona and Niccolas

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bunnywzrd
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

That is great. I am glad that he has changed for you. You area a great mommy for not giving up on him.

Mommyof2114
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Post a picture of him. We just got an African grey. She is super cool
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
talls_n_smalls
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

carakitty
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Congratulations on the progress with your bird! I think alot of times people don't realize how sensitive birds can be, and that they will often take much longer to warm up to a new flock especailly if they've been bounced around to lots of homes and mistreated. I am very happy that your conure is happier now. Congratulations!

MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Do you have a Pineapple Green cheek named Piper too

talls_n_smalls
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Nope, I wish!!

MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM

There is a page on FB called Texts from Parrots. She has a Green Cheek named Puck 

Quoting talls_n_smalls:

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Nope, I wish!!

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

talls_n_smalls
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Oh really?! LOL That's cool!! I will have to check it out!

Mommyof2114
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Awww

Quoting talls_n_smalls:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)