Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ticks

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 168 Total Views
Well i found one on dd thurs but got it off before it got to suck any blood. Then Saturday i found one crawling on my neck. Yuck! So now I'm freaking out and praying thats the last of it. Anyway, i put frontine on my german shepherd thurs after i found the one on dd. Yesterday i bought some bug b gone to spread around the yard. We have a big field behind our yard so i think they're coming from there. I also got a tip to use some powdery dio-something earth on the dog and carpet. Any other tips on how you would or have gone about this? Thanks!
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TurquoiseRoses
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Can't really give you any tips other than take preventative measures for your pets (Frontline and such) but I can tell you that if you are having a hard time getting them off, go online and order the Tick Twister! We were pulling tons of ticks off our puppy before we got his Frontline. We had a hard time getting them off because he is antsy. We ordered one and I love it. It is super easy and I have even used it on the kids when they get them.

Ticks are supposed to be really bad this year!

jennsistrunk
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I feel your pain. We had a tick infestation in our house also. It was really bad. The only thing that works for us is a tick collar from your vet, or you can buy them online. It is called Virbac Preventic Tick Collar. Just Google it and a couple of sites should pop up. After the dogs had the collar, no more ticks came into the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)