Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marked

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 374 Total Views
My dog got fixed like 2 or 3 months ago. When we brought her home she had a mark on her stomach near the incision. So I figured it was a green sharpe mark from where they marked to know where they were going to cut her open. Here we are today and the mark is still there. She has had many baths since then so I don't think it is sharpe. I'm not sure what it is. Anybody have any idea?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillTimsmom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I'm thinking it might be a suture that didn't dissolve.  But I would have to see a picture to know for sure.

Beenthere3times
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Call the vets office and ask them, they might want to see it and since it's part of the surgery there won't be any charge. ( double check to make sure) I know my vet never charges for any follow ups or concerns from surgeries. Please up date us.

Desirae17
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Is the mark green? My pets had a green mark/tattoo when they got fixed. If so, it is a scoring process in the skin and will not come off. It's not an extra stitch and it will not watch off. If it's not or if you are still concerned, call the vet and I'm sure s/he will know what to do if there is anything to worry about.

~Cassandra

amandajoy21
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM

A lot of times vets place a small tattoo on the pet to signify that they are fixed. They do it while they are asleep and most of the time you can't see it cause of the fur.

Miss_Metal_Spaz
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Miss_Metal_Spaz
Added pic

Quoting amandajoy21:

A lot of times vets place a small tattoo on the pet to signify that they are fixed. They do it while they are asleep and most of the time you can't see it cause of the fur.

Miss_Metal_Spaz
Added pic

Quoting Desirae17:

Is the mark green? My pets had a green mark/tattoo when they got fixed. If so, it is a scoring process in the skin and will not come off. It's not an extra stitch and it will not watch off. If it's not or if you are still concerned, call the vet and I'm sure s/he will know what to do if there is anything to worry about.

Miss_Metal_Spaz
Added pic

Quoting Beenthere3times:

Call the vets office and ask them, they might want to see it and since it's part of the surgery there won't be any charge. ( double check to make sure) I know my vet never charges for any follow ups or concerns from surgeries. Please up date us.

Miss_Metal_Spaz
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Added pic

Quoting WillTimsmom:

I'm thinking it might be a suture that didn't dissolve.  But I would have to see a picture to know for sure.

Desirae17
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Okay. I just saw your picture and yes, that looks similar to the mark my pets got. Yeah. It's a tattoo from the vet so s/he knows where to cut into and do the procedure. It's not going to wash out and it won't harm your dog. If you are still worried about it though, by all means, call the vet. It won't hurt to call.

Quoting Miss_Metal_Spaz: Added pic

Quoting Desirae17:

~Cassandra

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)