Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog Poop?!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:11 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 214 Total Views
Who picks it up at your house?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FlyingMommy747
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Me and I hate it but DH has a bad back.  Cannot wait until DD is old enough to help.

marshsmom
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I do, yay for me! lol  I pick up with a pooper scooper everyday, twice a day.  I never wanted my son to be unable to play in the yard because of the dogs.  I think the mentality at my house is, if it weren't for me there would probably be no dogs living there, so I get all the duties and I'm cool with that.  Love my babies!  

bugayfamilyof4
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM

The girls do it. She is only 5lbs so it isnt much. 

I have potty training question please ??

Mochi goes about 85% of the time outside or on the pad. But she is super sneaky. We have been finding it "other palces" also. 

Is this something she will grow out of ? or do we need to have her more on a schedule??

marshsmom
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

IME, pads never result in reliable training.  If you want her to go outside you should expect her to always go outside.A dog will never grow out of bathroom habits, you'll have to work with training her and yes, schedule is key, especially with smaller breeds.  Good luck!

Quoting bugayfamilyof4:

Mochi goes about 85% of the time outside or on the pad. But she is super sneaky. We have been finding it "other palces" also. 

Is this something she will grow out of ? or do we need to have her more on a schedule??

bugayfamilyof4
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:51 PM

MMMM Thank you. Yes we want her to go outside. We dont have a dog door yet. So that is where we are missing her up. Thank you for the advice. Its been so long since we had a puppy.

Quoting marshsmom:

IME, pads never result in reliable training.  If you want her to go outside you should expect her to always go outside.A dog will never grow out of bathroom habits, you'll have to work with training her and yes, schedule is key, especially with smaller breeds.  Good luck!

Quoting bugayfamilyof4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)