• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bonjour, eh?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:43 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 298 Total Views

Hi, everyone!  I'm Tinse, and live in southern Quebec, Canada with DH and our four pet birds.

Just found Our Fur Babies & Other Small Pets this morning, and I'm glad that I did.

Any bird lovers here?

Hope to get to know everyone here really soon.

The avatar that I use is of our cockatiel, Donald.  Donald is bonded strongly to DH; I'm yesterday's cold potatoes to him!  simple smile

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
carakitty
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:11 PM

LOL Yesterdays cold potatoes. I'm sorry! =)

I have a zoo at my house, but since you asked I will tell you about our two birds! Our older one is an Umbrella Cockatoo named Baby. She is 22 years old. She is totally neurotic but is quite the lover with both me and my DH. He and his parents bought her when he was in high school. We took on ownership of her from his parents when we were able to buy our own house.

Our younger bird is a Goffins Cockatoo named Sprinkle. We don't know for sure, but we are almost certain she is a girl. We also don't know her age because we got her from a rescue group. It is guessed that she is around 12 years old. She is a total clown! She loves to hop around so we call her the Bunny Bird. She also is quite talkitive! Most of the time her speech isn't annunciated too well but we can certianly tell what her point is by her tone of voice! She also will pet us back by stroking the top of her beak across our arms and hands.

WillTimsmom
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Welcome!

My mother raised cockatiels when I was growing up.  My favorite was Drake (a pearl cockatiel).  We left his cage door open most of the time and he would come to me if I whistled. He was an awesome bird.  We also taught him to say "Shut up Dummy".  My mother was not happy about that.  But we would yell that at him if he started making a lot of noise when we were trying to watch tv.  He picked up on it and said it to my mom once when she was trying to put him back in his cage.

I currently have 2 dogs and 3 cats.  We just got another cat yesterday - he was a stray a co-worker found.  He is the sweetest cat.

My mom lived north of Toronto for 10 years before she passed away.

I am in California.

FlyingMommy747
by Member on Feb. 6, 2015 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, we also have 2 birds, I think they are budgies.  To be honest DH takes care of them, and I have other within our zoo to care for.  We also have fish, 3 dogs and a cat in our zoo.  Makes life fun.

Oh BTW, DH is from Toronto and we go there all the time.  I guess we have a few from the Great White North in the group.

CafeMom Tickers
SpiritFortress
by on Feb. 8, 2015 at 7:30 PM

Welcome! Donald is lovely. :)

I have 6 parakeets and 3 ferrets. 

Jenniy
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2015 at 3:08 AM

I just got a cockatiel, we think he was abused at his former home.  He's about 2 years old and VERY skittish.  All that we know about the family that first had him was that they were handraising him and they also let their 3yro handle him often.  He doesn't like anyone to put their hands near his cage, and won't touch fruit, only seeds.  He does leave his cage but can't fly well.  He's getting better at not biting.  He'll jump on your hand and run up your shoulder and stay there if he's already out of his cage.

sw2ma
by Member on Feb. 22, 2015 at 12:59 PM

I had some cockatiels once, I love birds. But with cats in house it just would not be good.

bdelg
by Member on Mar. 8, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Hi Tinse I am a bird lover!!!  Nice to meet you.  I own 2 little cockatiels, Baby who is 18 and Beenie who is 11.  They are my everything!  I don't have kids or husband, boyfriend, just bird friends.  I am sorry Donald is treats you like yesterdays cold potatoes.  Do any of your other birds treat you better?  And what does DH mean?

Talk to you later.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)