Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter Grass

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 165 Total Views
My half aunt who's a wicked big animal lover once told me that if Easter grass is left around and a cat eats it, it messes up their insides. Well, my house was kinda messy at the time. I couldn't tell if she was warning me so my cat doesn't eat it or nagging at me because the house was messy. So, is it true about the Easter grass?
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
WillTimsmom
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:17 AM

I would think it could mess up a cat's digestive system.  But I've never seen a cat actually eat it.  I can't imagine it would taste very good.  I've had cats play in it, but never eat it.

carakitty
by Member on Apr. 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Yes, the stuff can be dangerous to any animal. We never know what our critters will put in their mouths so better to clean it up than to wait for something bad to happen!

sw2ma
by Member on Apr. 26, 2015 at 3:48 PM

I would think Easter grass and tinsel for the x-mas tree is all not good to have laying around for any animal to eat.

Quoting princessmom2005: My half aunt who's a wicked big animal lover once told me that if Easter grass is left around and a cat eats it, it messes up their insides. Well, my house was kinda messy at the time. I couldn't tell if she was warning me so my cat doesn't eat it or nagging at me because the house was messy. So, is it true about the Easter grass?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)