Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get my dog to use the bathroom on leash?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

I just got a resuce dog last night. Our yard is not fenced in so I can't just let her out the door to the yard. I have to take her out on a leash. She hasn't used the bathroom yet. I don't know if its because she is in a new place and too busy smelling or not use to us yet ect...

She is about 2 years old. She is house trained. She won't go inside. I don't know what to do.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momof3grls4517
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

sorry no help. Here is a bump

ScrapbookDiva28
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM

i have 8 week old puppy who plays with the leach when we are outside. i am thinking about buying a collar to leave on her and while we are inside she wears around the house. when i have to take her outside it's already on her. may be the newness of the leash will wear off.

CollinBayleeMom
by Member on Feb. 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Has she gone, yet?  How long do you and she stay outside at one time?  Have you tried taking her for a long walk?  Sometimes that will get things moving.  Sorry if I'm not much help.

hightideatsea
by Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Expect to spend at least 15-20 minutes outside with her, and every so often tell her to go potty or do her business.  Eventually she will get the idea.  When she does use the bathroom, reward her with a treat.  After a few times she will learn to associate going out on the leash to potty with getting a good treat. 

Hightideatsea
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)