Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Congenital Deformities

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 362 Total Views
I am a mother of two wonderful little girls.  My youngest daughter was born with Proximal Femoral Focal Deficiency or PFFD.  She has a severe birth defect in her right hip and femur.  The right thigh is only half the size of the left one and she was born without a kneecap, several muscles, and has a hip deformity with no hip socket or femoral head.  After several visits to many doctors we have finally found a surgeon willing to correct her deformities and help her live her life.  I am struggling with keeping things as close to "normal" for my oldest daughter without pointing out the obvious to my youngest.  My girls are six years apart so it has been very hard on my oldest daughter since her sister was born.  To complicate things, we live six hours away from the surgeon so during surgical procedures (three so far with the fourth coming up in two weeks) I am away from home with her little sister for as little as two weeks to as many as three to six months.  My oldest daughter is a very mature ten year old but all in all she is still a child and envies her sister's time with me.  This is the short version of my story................I'm sure you'll hear a lot more from me over the next few months with another surgery approaching.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
theQueenB
by New Member on May. 15, 2008 at 1:34 PM
Shes beautiful!  ♥ :)

PINKrs.gif picture by mrsdomesticgoddess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)