Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Loomed Snowman #1

Posted by   + Show Post

I used the bev's country cottage loomed snowman pattern that michiganmom116 posted in the Christmas decoration patterns post to make this little guy.  He's 11" tall and the first thing I've made on the loom that wasn't a hat!  Yes, I got adventerous!

I only made a few small changes to the pattern.  First, I used the pattern for the nose of the TP cozy snowman (also in the Christmas decoration patterns post) to make his.  I used a G hook though because I don't have a lot of patience with an E hook. 

I stuffed his bottom half with a sock filled with beans, and I think it makes him look slightly deformed, so I need to come up with a better plan for my next one. 

I sewed on his eyes with a needle and thread, and then I ran out of patience with the tiny thread and needle, and decided to use a thin black yarn and a yarn needle that was small enough to fit through the button holes to attach the other 6.

For his scarf, I tried first to crochet it.  I used the 2 strands of blus, and an N hook, but it was coming out so stiff, that I decided to loom it instead.   I used the blue round loom and only 5 pegs to make his scarf.

All in all, he's not bad for my first non-hat, loomed project!  Slightly deformed, but that's ok.  I had a lot of fun making the little details .. the carrot nose, the scarf fringe, the tiny pom-pom on his hat.  He took me about a day to make, but I think if I had sat down and worked on him straight through, maybe 3 hours of work.

I've started my next snowman, and I'll post pics of him when I get done!

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-15):
michiganmom116
by Group Owner on Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Quoting Artladydp:

Great job!  I'm going to do this eventually.  I've gotten sidetracked with reindeer hats.  Snowmen will be next.

Can you share the pattern or a pic?  Sounds cute!

Christmas countdown banner

Artladydp
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Artladydp:

Great job!  I'm going to do this eventually.  I've gotten sidetracked with reindeer hats.  Snowmen will be next.

Can you share the pattern or a pic?  Sounds cute!

I'll make a post of the reindeer hat on Monday.  I can't upload the picture until then.   It was so easy!  I just made it up myself.  I still can't follow a pattern.  I just do my own thing!

anytablake
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM
He's super cute! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifair
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I was going to make one over the weekend but every store in my city is out of stuffing!!!! I think i might have to take apart an old lovey ( stuffed animal) from up in the attic. My DD has tons of the skill crane prizes! lol 

dqsmami06
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Awwww! I love that!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)