Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coupon Binder

Posted by on May. 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 594 Total Views

Share your coupon binder! 

There are so many ways to make them....which way do you prefer?

Feel free to leave any tips an ideas!

by on May. 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
butterfly-jo
by Owner on May. 7, 2011 at 3:59 PM

a lady at my church has one of those big huge 3 ring binders and she has baseball card holders in there...and she keeps it full....i thought she was crazy at first (this was before the extreme couponing show or anything...lol)

anyway...me, i don't have anything that elaborate....i have one of the 13 pocket file folders that are letter size and that is what i use.  i have one tab for each month.  the back one is empty.  so i make my list out and go through all the coupons and the ones i'm planning on using that trip i put in the back....but i like to carry the whole thing just in case.

i like it bc it is small so i can always keep it in my purse.  that way if i see something is on sale or close out and i have a coupon, i can go ahead and get it, even if it wasn't on the list for that shopping trip.

4mom247
by Group Owner on May. 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Ok Im am still in the process of getting a system that works for me,but here is what I have so far.

This is what a typical Sunday looks like for me.

The outside

a section for my scissors and pens

an accordian style built in folder,graet to keep sales papers in

tabs to divide the sections

butterfly-jo
by Owner on May. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM

omg...ang...this is too funny.  i have that same binder for my scrapbooking stickers (little ones that i've already cut out) and i use baseball card holders to sort them.

TiffnTravsMommy
by Owner on May. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Ang! I love your binder! Mine is not so extravagent, but for now it works. I will post pics in the morning...

butterfly-jo
by Owner on Oct. 6, 2011 at 9:14 AM

ok ladies.  i've done it, i've went from the accordian rec't file to an actual coupon binder.  it became too hard to go through stuff when i wanted to see if i had  coupon for something specific.  especially since i stored them in date order, rather than by like products.

so.....now i have a zip binder (i just used one of the ones donnie wasn't using so it didn't cost me anything) and i have 8 tabs.

~breakfast / baking / bread
~dairy / meast & other fridge items
~canned / jar/ boxed food
~frozen
~snacks / drinks
~personal item / baby / paper products
~cleaning
~MISC.

i also keep a pencil pouch (the kind that has the 3 holes so it goes in the binder) in the front with a calculator, scissors, pens.  and i have some loose leaf paper in the front too to make my grocery list.

i went to a coupon class earlier this week offered by aiden's preschool and that is where i got the idea for the tabs.  also....she mentioned that she puts like items together and such.  and then just goes through them once a month to pull out ones that are going to expire soon....so she knows to use them if she can..or donate them to someone else if she won't.  so that is what i think i will do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)