Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call me Crazy!!!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 555 Total Views

Ok so this morning I decided to get the 3 papers that are from around our area and I feel like I am on cloud nine right now.  They had so many coupons.  I told hubby I am gonna try out this whole coupon thing out.  He laughed and asked me if I was gonna be a crazy coupon lady.  Tonight I am gonna go through all my coupons and the ads as well as see what I can stock up on for little to nothing.  Plus I am gonna go on the stores websites and see if they have coupons that I can double.  A little extreme maybe, but I told hubby with me not working right now and only getting unemployment I want to stockpile up big time before I find another job.  We are actually saving money by me being home now, but I would love to stockpile up on stuff just to know that we have it.  Do any of you other moms have stockpiles of anything?

by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
4mom247
by Group Owner on Oct. 16, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I think its a great idea.We are a one income family of 6 and I just wish I had started a long time ago.I have a small stockpile of things and I couldnt tell you the last time I bought things like shampoo,laundry det,soap,toothpaste (or tooth brushes) and dish washing liquid because I was out of it.lol My kids even look for coupons.My oldest is always looking over my shoulder to see what the before & after totals are.lol They even found coupns in their Seventeen magazines for stores like The Gap and Old Navy when we were school shopping.I hope they will take this skill along with them.

butterfly-jo
by Owner on Oct. 16, 2011 at 1:50 PM

i think it is great.  i usually have about 2 or 3 sets of coupons each week.  and it is great.  you never know when you are going to come across a deal you can't pass up.  :)  good luck and let us know how it goes.

happy couponing.

4mom247
by Group Owner on Oct. 16, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Here is a pic I took of mine.I would take a new one but my battery is dead.This gives you an ideas though.Now my dishwashing liquid and dw tab stuff is in the kitchen.I also have tons of bodywashes in a suitcase under my bed due to lack of room.lol

C6ci-1fy-1

SallyB_LMT
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM

I usually buy in bulk and anything that won't spoil if it's on sale I will get an extra.  But, that being said...I don't stockpile things that I don't use up.  I don't buy something just because I have a coupon, I make a menu...then a grocery list...then I look for coupons for the things I intend to buy and if the store brand costs less than the thing I have a coupon for I will go with the store brand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)