Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to be a buisness owner.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:26 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 490 Total Views
Hi Ladies,

I need some help. I want to start my own business selling plus size little girls clothing. The reason I want to do this is because my oldest twin daughter is 10 and weighs 131 lbs. It is hard for me to find quality clothig for her in a 20 1/2. When I do find clothes for her they cost an arm and a leg. I have tried JCPenny, Gap, Old Navy, Limited Too, Walmart, Sears, you name it I have checked. I tried looking on line but the clothes I saw were ugly to me. They had the girls in mumu's and grandma outfits. I want her to look stylish as well as a little girl.

I have tried goign to the junior and misses section, but then the clothes started getting to sexy for my taste and I want her to look like a little girl. Not someone's little women. She has boobs, hips, and butt, so I am trying to cover that up because it is to many pedophiles in the world and I am afraid for my babies safety because she is built like a little woman.

So if anyone can give me some advise I would appreciate it. I do not know how to sew so this is a problem. I am willing to do what it takes to make this happen.
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
PRMom
by Group Owner on Mar. 29, 2007 at 4:16 PM
Hi Twinblessed - your idea sounds like it would fill a definite need in our society.  I'd suggest you contact your local small business association or your local chamber of commerce.  The government has a number of initiatives that have been established to help women (especially women from minority groups) to start up businesses.  What's available varies from region to region.

Click on the following link to be taken to the Small Business Administration Office locator to find an office near you.

SBA Locator  or if you have trouble with the link www.sba.gov
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)