Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

halloween

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 128 Total Views
Are there any pumpkin patches that you can go pick your own and go on hay rides and such? We were deprived of it in AK, and I would love for the boys to get to do this.

What are all of you doing for Halloween this year??
by on Sep. 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kalio
by on Sep. 9, 2008 at 6:24 PM

There are a couple pumkin patches here in town. I usually go to the one just right off Hwy 101....Here's some info I found:

Clallam County

• Lazy J Tree Farm - pumpkins, Christmas Trees
    225 Gehrke Road, Port Angeles, WA 98362  Phone: 360-457-5950.
  • Nature's Balance Farm - Pumpkin patch
    52 Christmas Tree Lane, Port Angeles, 98362. Phone: 360-417-1074 or 360-452-9609. Open: Call for hours available. Also Christmas Trees. Herbs.
  • Sequim Pumpkin Patch - Pumpkins, Corn Maze
    Kitchen-Dick Road, at Highway 101, Carlsborg, WA. Open: daily, starting Sept 27th, from 9- 5 through Halloween and weekend evenings until 9pm. You can run the maze until 9 pm on weekend, bring your own flashlight. Affiliated with Roger and Ellie Schmidt's Sunny Farms store. The 12 foot high corn plants shelter a Maze - a very large maze. In 2006, the pumpkins are in the north end of the farm; the highway field is growing organic vegetables.

Found from this website:
    http://www.pumpkinpatchesandmore.org/WApsw.php

Not really a 100% sure of what we're doing yet. But I know we are going to the pumpkin patch to get pumkins. I will be making my son's costumes this year. My youngest is gonna be a spider. Not sure what I'm gonna make for my oldest yet...
lrgandwrg
by Member on Sep. 12, 2008 at 10:39 AM
I am also wondering what there is to do. The school is closed for teachers conferences. So will they have another celebration or do they not celebrate in school?

Lauren

Wife to William and mommy to Isabella 6 and Max 4.

We just moved to Sequim.

SydneysMomma88
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2008 at 8:49 PM

I went to Greywolf as a kid and we always did a march around the school gym "halloween parade" but I'm pretty sure they've cut that all off recently- along with illustrating "Christmas" cards and stuff..... It's considered a church and state issue because some religions don't celebrate any of these holidays.....

So just FYI I wouldn't count on the kids doing anything at school. It's pretty much unheard of anymore.

Quoting lrgandwrg:

I am also wondering what there is to do. The school is closed for teachers conferences. So will they have another celebration or do they not celebrate in school?

lrgandwrg
by Member on Sep. 14, 2008 at 11:28 AM
I am so sad to hear this. Last year the kids had a huge celebration at school.

Lauren

Wife to William and mommy to Isabella 6 and Max 4.

We just moved to Sequim.

aimeenatesmom
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2008 at 9:32 PM

My kids are older now (20 & 17) but when they were in the elementary school here in Sequim they used to have a costume parade that went all around the school. It was always one of my favorite things. But sadly they dont do it anymore. bad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)