Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOMS OF PRESCHOOLERS (MOPS)

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 3:29 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 573 Total Views

Hey, welcome to the group, to those of you who just noticed this post and to those new in the area.  I just wanted to give you a heads up on a mom's group that gets together on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month at a location between Sequim and PA.  Childcare included! (BONUS!)  Here's the info:

MOPS stands for Mothers Of Pre Schoolers (from pregnancy til kindergarten), but frankly, even if your kids were school aged, I'm sure everyone would be thrilled for you to come.

It is a National Organization and people start chapters in their own community. I was pg when moved to Sequim, so this is the only MOPS group I've ever been to. I like it. Has it's perks, has it's drawbacks, but all in all a good time.

The first one for the year is this month on the 18th.  Goes from 9:00 - 11:30.  Everyone brings some food to share (can vary depending on what you can afford, etc...but it's no big deal, once I brough a baggie of sliced salami, other times I bring a big skillet of scrambled eggs, another time I just brought a bowl of whole oranges, and other time I brought 5 yogurts...you get the idea). It's a pretty big group...20 or so? They provide drinks (coffee, tea, juice, milk, creamer, etc.)

There's gifts, prizes, raffles, we always do a craft of some sort, guest speakers, discussion groups, etc. Even child care. My mom is the head of the child care so I know it's reliable and safe. (Kids meet in a room off to the side).

It's held at Fairview Christian Church on O'Brian Rd between Sequim and PA (let me know if you need better directions). But, it's not the church's program (although, I think many MOPS moms attend that church but not all). I don't attend any church locally, and don't feel at all uncomfortable. It's a pretty neat program.

I'd love to meet you there as my guest next Thursday, let me know if you'd like to do that. It's free the first time you go and $3.50 each other time. We meet twice a month. The $3.50 covers supplies and materials for the kids and for our crafts, raffles, gifts, etc.

Jodi Minker

by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lrgandwrg
by Member on Sep. 14, 2008 at 11:26 AM
That is such a great group. There was one back in Jersey. I would have went this week but I am working. :(Maybe the next one.

Lauren

Wife to William and mommy to Isabella 6 and Max 4.

We just moved to Sequim.

jodimm
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM

The first one this school year is this Thursday, the 18th!  Let me know if you plan on coming and I can meet you in person! :)

Quoting lrgandwrg:

That is such a great group. There was one back in Jersey. I would have went this week but I am working. :(Maybe the next one.

lrgandwrg
by Member on Sep. 15, 2008 at 9:43 AM
I have to work. But I will find out the schedule for the next meeting this week.

Lauren

We just moved to Sequim.

lrgandwrg
by Member on Sep. 17, 2008 at 10:02 AM
Jodi, Good news I am off. I switched with someone so I will be able to go. I will think of something to bring.

Lauren

We just moved to Sequim.

jodimm
by Group Admin on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:01 AM

Lauren, YEAY!  I'll try to make it on time so I can meet up with you when you come! :)

Jodi

lrgandwrg
by Member on Sep. 18, 2008 at 8:51 AM
I hope I am on time also. Unfortunately I am notorious for being late.

Lauren

We just moved to Sequim.

ocgirlinwa
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2008 at 6:19 PM

i would love to go, however, i was not able to make it to todays meeting, please let me know when the next one is

lrgandwrg
by Member on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:33 AM
Hi Mommies, I went yesterday and it was great. Thank you so much Jodi for putting out the info. Now I know there are mommies in Sequim and PA. I plan on going to the next one unless I can't switch my work schedule. Max also loved it.

Lauren

We just moved to Sequim.

Cocopuffies3
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I had kenzies doctor appointment, she got her shots :( but let me know when the next one is, ill be there :)

jodimm
by Group Admin on Sep. 19, 2008 at 2:03 PM

NEXT MOPS MEETING:

First Thursday of the month...OCTOBER 2nd at 9:00 a.m.

Bring food to share...

Bring a friend...

Bring your kid(s)...

Fairview Christian Church (however, it's not for church members only)

O'Brien Rd. between Sequim and PA

PM me or reply to this message if you need more info, or if you want to let me know and I'll meet up with you at the meeting and introduce myself! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN