Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi I love my goats

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 10:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 255 Total Views
we live on  5 acreses   it's a small   zoo    My fav. right now is our momma goat   she is due to have her babies   or baby   soon    April 15th     or sooo   we are so excited          we also have four kids with two  legs we have tons of them with       four legs we hope to get chickens  but need    bigger   barn   does  anyone here    have pgymy goats       ????????????????///     we have two boys and two girls   oldest is   turning   17 boy do I feel old        and nine yrold girl                                    
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommyx9
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 12:39 AM
I'm with you there! I always loved my goats, even when there were say too many of them! I remember milking my mamas at 8 months pg, feeding all the babies!

My best memory, though, is of my Wolf-Hybrid dog, who be came best friends with what started out as what she thought would be dinner! A long story, but to see them together was a hoot. So many funny farm stories.....

Will share more in time!

Sally (mommyx9)
kayaus
by Member on Apr. 21, 2007 at 2:11 PM
I breed fainting goats. I love them.  My daughter has so much fun with all of her goaties!! Especially when their kidding!!!!
Chel03
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 4:09 PM
I have 3 orphaned billys about 4 months old.  They follow me around everywhere and for some reason they HAVE to have their head up against my legs!  Do you have any idea why they do this?  It makes it hard to get around. I have never had them do this before, and I have to put them in their pen to feed the rest of my zoo.
goatmom4
by on May. 2, 2007 at 12:16 PM
they have adopted you as mom   Goats are very affectionate   just so you know they go nuts if they are   alone so thanx goodness    they  have each other   goats are   my favorite      they are  very sweet   don't   castrate the boys until they are  three   mths.   cause it might cause   complications   with their urethra      see the male hormones  help them    develope bigger   pee tubes so they don't plug up      we lost   a  boy   over the summer   he was neutered  to soon    so he got full of crystals    and they could not save them   ...
mom2boysnbama
by on May. 2, 2007 at 3:50 PM
Oh I'm glad I saw this. I was just telling dh if the new baby goat at ds's is a billy he needed to be banded. So I guess I need to tell ds to wait till he is 3 months old. Only problem will be that he will be hard to catch by then.
Ann
leakyann
by New Member on May. 5, 2007 at 2:24 PM
hi there. i know how you feel. i'v had goats also. one we raised in the house sence she was a week old. she thought she was a dog. she would fallow everyone around like a little lost puppy. she was so cute. then we got another and she would jump on my horses back and butt her in the back of the head. but unfortainly they both died. i would like to get more for my horse.
toomanypoodles
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 11:01 PM
I LOVED my goats too.  Here's a cute pic of when my hubby tossed a clump of grass on top of Emily's head. 
^
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)