Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking to move to southern maine...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 524 Total Views

Hello all!  My husband just got a job in Hampton Falls, NH and has been working up in Bangor, ME for the past few weeks.  On weekends he drives down and has been searching for houses for us.  (We currently live in Colorado and it is a huge move for us!)  After searching in New Hampshire, he has found that he really doesnt like it, and would much prefer to live in Maine! :) 

IWe are looking the the Berwick/South Berwick/Lebanon area but was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to find a house to rent.  We have exhausted craigslists and have tried a few realtors...  I thought the next best thing would be to ask those who live there already! :)  Thanks a ton for any help you can offer.  I love forward to moving out there and hopefully meeting some of you!

Treefrogs-1.jpg picture by LadyPreece

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
not-the-momma
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Hi MommyMollie!  I don't live in Maine right now, but we are also considering moving to the Berwick area.  I am anxious to hear what Maine Mommies has to say. 

Keep me posted!

wrk4myself
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I live a bit north of there in Portland...too far for a commute to NH.

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that this is NOT a very active board. I'm not sure why, but there are rarely any posts here.

As far as I know, Craigslist is still the best avenue in finding rentals. That is how I search for them myself. Realtors are your next bet, I would just google them in that area.

Good luck! I hope you find a great place.

Suzanne
Working from home and helping others do the same.
http://www.wrk4myself.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)