Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED FRIENDS!!!

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM
  • 36 Replies
  • 1436 Total Views

Hi, I just moved to Maine last month from Maryland. I am 20 and a stay at home mom. I am trying to meet new people. I do not have any friends in Maine. I moved here with my SO and our son. His family lives up here and a he has a few friends he went to high school with. Those are the ONLY people I know :(

by on Mar. 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
penguingirl
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Where in Maine do you live?

KylesMommy110
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Quoting penguingirl:

Where in Maine do you live?

I live in Hollis!

Nykkii
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Sorry... nowhere near you.  How do you like it so far?  Are you bored yet?  Lol. 

KylesMommy110
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 11:31 PM

lol I cannot find anyone near me! Where do you live? I like it. It's really beautiful. I am bored but just because my fiance works all day and I am stuck at home without a car and nothing to do. Well I clean and take care of my son but other then that.. nothing! I am thinking about getting a car soon though (:

Nykkii
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM

There is no one near me either.  Although there is a lot of land in Maine, people are spaced out much more.  Lol.  There are a lot less ppl here than in much smaller states.  Weird, but true. 

I live wayyyy up north, in the Presque Isle area.  And I am in the same EXACT boat as you.  It's boring. 

Quoting KylesMommy110:

lol I cannot find anyone near me! Where do you live? I like it. It's really beautiful. I am bored but just because my fiance works all day and I am stuck at home without a car and nothing to do. Well I clean and take care of my son but other then that.. nothing! I am thinking about getting a car soon though (:

wrk4myself
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I am in Portland, not too far away from Hollis. You probably should get a car if you can swing it. The country is no place to be stuck at your house!

DomiRocks1986
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Where is Hollis? : l I live about 2 hours away from Portland (:

KylesMommy110
by on Jun. 23, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Right off 35

Quoting DomiRocks1986:

Where is Hollis? : l I live about 2 hours away from Portland (:

MaineMomAh2
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Welcome to Maine, hope you get settled in and find some local people to hang with, when u get a car,  try going to your local library n see whats going on, you might find some people that way!!!

GoinCrazyInME
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey :) We lived in Maryland for a little while and moved back here. I also am looking for friends that also have kids, its crazy how many frends you loose when you become a young mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)